O'Neil Fluid Neo drysuit, or it used to be

Jaypro

• Baller
Skiing in Vermont November 8th is a treat! However, my neo is clearly no linger a drysuit. Jumping into water in the 40s highlighted the fact that crotch is no longer a drysuit. Got my attention immediately. Is there any way to fix this? No holes, just not staying dry. 3 years old.

• Baller

Important to remember that it is still 3mm neoprene.

In extreme cold water it is cold no matter dry or wet.

Usually when water goes close to 5C or less I wear short 1.5 Camaro inside Oneil fluid.

This combination works fine.

Also - unlike membrane baggy it holds sweat inside, so after few passes it may get pretty wet.

• Baller

I have been in 5deg C water with mine and stayed very warm. They do have excellent service as my suit had a leaky zipper from day one. They replaced it . Second year one of the seams in the armpit started leaking and it too was replaced.

This year went thru spring and fall skiing with no leaks. Hoping this is a good one.

• Baller

Was hoping to pay to get the seams resealed in my Oneill Boost - this is the reply as of a couple weeks back:

“ Unfortunately we are no longer offering a paid repair service.

If the suit is under warranty (1 year) you can send it in

Thanks

Customer Service

O'Neill Wetsuits, LLC”

• Baller

@sgregg Yes I got that too after calling a week ago. Was bummed as he said they just made that change 3 weeks prior...

I have a hybrid suit I like that needs a little life but still works ok-ish.

Was looking to the fluid, but this thread doesn’t encourage me.

Threadjack - anyone have experience else skiing in full baggy? I’ve only ever used the hybrid and really like it. I’m wondering if the legs flopping around would be weird / annoying.

• Members

@skimtb Buy a "Stay Dry" bag-style drysuit, as seen here: https://www.wileyski.com/product/stay-dry/

Cut the legs off an old wetsuit or your so-so hybrid (if you can get past the fallacy of sunk cost), right at the knee, and use them like "spray legs" over your bag suit - guaranteeing no floppiness where it counts. BOS member Richard Doane has been doing this religiously for years.

Remember to take the spray legs off before you try to peel the bag suit off your legs, or you'll be cussing your own forgetfulness. Ask me how I know.

Also, remember to condition the bag suit seals now and then with the silicone gel sold for that purpose.

• Baller

@lakeaustinskier @sgregg , yes I got the same response, “ Unfortunately we are no longer offering a paid repair service.

If the suit is under warranty (1 year) you can send it in

Kind of sucks to pay almost $500 for a drysuit that lasts 3 seasons, and they won't even do paid repair work. Not impressive.

• Baller

This bites! I am going to check if the Canadian side is doing the same.

I have a 1997 Bare Pro Edge and an 15 yr old OS Systems baggy suits. Each of them has been resealed several times and the Bare had the zipper replaced last year. Still prefer skiing in them over the Fluid because they are easier to put on and remove.

• Baller

Check with the diving drysuit manufacturers and repair businesses. For instance, DUI, makers of the premier diving drysuits, offers repairs on all makes of suit. From their website:

“DUI offers this same expertise in the repair and service of all brands of drysuits.”

And no doubt there are several others.