Vancouver Island BC Ski Sites/Lake Living

Dacon62

• Baller

Hi Island neighbors. I'm on the mainland in Abbotsford. Did a road trip on the Island this fall and really enjoyed it.

If I was looking to purchase a lake front home/condo on a good skiing lake what would your suggestions be?

Something close to a good size town. Nothing remote. Wife wouldn't go for that. Thanks in advance.

• Baller

Sproat Lake would be your best choice. Close to Port Alberni. Also Campbell River has probably the most active Club for skiers. The Lake they ski on is Mcivor Lake. Then there is Lake Cowichan and Shawingan

Lake. Unfortunately no private lakes over here. Nanaimo used to have a great site, but not anymore.

• Baller

Langford is electric motors only long lake ski scene has died long ago most of the residents don’t like anything bigger than a jetski.

Not sure about Westwood I think it’s electric also.

Shawnigan is your closest to Vic but it’s extremely busy.

That’s where I live.

I don’t think there’s much for sale right now on the lake

• Baller
Yes. Jim is right. No skiing or Motors allowed on Westwood. We did host Canadian Nats there in 87 and a couple of BC Summer Games, but no way anymore. Long lake and Brannon lake are way too busy. We had our club on Quenell lake in Yellow pt for more than 20 years. It is great for skiing, but water is green with algae. No slalom courses on any of the lakes in Nanaimo area anymore unfortunately