Ideal boat path width.

GregDavis

• Baller
Trying to determine what the ideal boat path width should be. INSIDE BOAT GUIDES TO INSIDE BOAT GUIDES. Seems like the tolerance for diameter of boat guides is between 6 inches up to 11 inches. We purchased new boat guides, and they are really nice, quality etc. however barely 6 inches in diameter, thus giving our slalom course a 85 inch boat path. ( INSIDE TO INSIDE OF BOAT GUIDES. There is a tolerance on anchor placement also. I'm thinking the narrower the boat path, the more consistent, and better quality pulls you will get. As a Senior boat drive for over 30 years, I much prefer a very tight boat path. If you had anchors set at minimum and you had 11 inch in diameter boat guides you would have a 72 inch wide boat path. ( which is pretty narrow) .. I'm thinking 75 inch boat path is best.

• Baller_
Boats keep getting wider; add flexibility to your course . I used 1.5" PVC spacer 5 feet down - The PVC pipe had holes drilled for a variety of widths. Used zip ties through pipe and around the anchor line. To insure a stable vertical position, stick the zip tie through the braided rope.