It's winter what are you working on?

dbski

• Baller

Since most of us are only dreaming of skiing right now how are you filling your time? In Michigan not only can't I ski, you basically can't do anything! Thank God I have a shop. Just got done with a ski related table and lamp as a Christmas present for the wife. Thought you all might enjoy a view. The big news for me is more power for the hot rod! Just shipped the engine back to the builder today, aluminum heads, roller cam and 350 HP. Can't wait for spring on two counts, skiing and burnouts!y7b59q6d6pis.jpg

1nqlwxcfoopg.jpg

yjw0ohp1dl7e.jpg

i0rc0s6i4s20.jpg

• Baller
@dbski what is your hot rod? Need pics! Just about to send my 1948 Chevy pickup project off for paint. Then final assembly, Interior and exhaust and it will be my time for some burn outs! And by the way super nice lamp and table looks like u do very quality work?

• Baller
@OTF Cool guitars! Do you CNC the bodies? When I purchased my CNC you got a 2 day class. In the class were a couple of guitar builders who said they built guitars for Zak Wylde. I'd love to build a guitar only problem I have absolutely no musical talent. I have to be one of the most tone deaf people in the world. Guess that's why I've always admired great musicians.

• Members

@dbski Zakk is one of my playing heroes, way better than most give him credit for.

I bought the body and neck for that one. I do have a CNC mill and have been a tool maker for 22yrs so I could make every part I guess.

@cruznski Funny you say that, I am just about to start a solid walnut tele. Probably buy a Birdseye maple neck for it from Warmoth.

• Supporting Member

Winter is a good time to work on my card game. Starting to look like something real! (My cell phone camera and/or my photography skills are lacking, so this doesn't really do justice to the cards, but you get the idea.)

dtb8yar2hbz1.jpg

• Baller

I've just gone into lockdown 3.0 (at least 7 weeks) so fingers crossed, I can do (finish) a few projects this time!

Finish building a custom telecaster style guitar for a classical player (26" scale length, flat fretboard, feels like a classical guitar! (apart from the weight!), wound my own pickups, fabricated bridge etc...)

Finish building my darkroom

Finish building my new digital touchscreen dash for the 205

Finish knocking seven bells out of the house

Start a new company (or 2)

Finish my hardshell boot build - just tweaks now

• Baller
@"Keith Menard" for sure, stage 1 is a blast. It's become an animal at stage 2, although I'm not pushing it without the new intercooler installed. Bimmercode is also a fun phone app to make little changes / enhancements to your car too.

• Baller

Just finished bottling 15 gal of hard cider. Have 10 apple trees that we make fresh cider from each fall and save 15 gal for hard cider. This year’s flavors are: strawberry/raspberry peach/pear and of course straight apple.

Made 6 cases worth of 12oz bottles.

Our press is over 100 years old and still performs great!qa29q4u0tix7.jpeg

s7cgtqbybzpx.jpeg