Nautique 200 Hydrogate Operation

Clydesdale

• Baller
I recently purchased a used 2019 Nautique 200. I was playing with it today (on the trailer) and tried changing the hydrogate setting. No visible response at the hydrogate regardless of setting. First question, is there some trick to making it move, or... does it have an interlock that only allows it to move when the boat is in motion? And, if it is broken, will this affect the slalom wake at all, or just trick? Thank you!

• Baller

Don’t know about the newer Nautiques, I assume it is operated by some kind of an actuator. Will probably need at least the ignition to be turned on, if not engine running as well.

On the “original” 200’s the Hydrogate is operated by a lever attached to a simple cable. No electronics whatsoever.

Here’s a thread with pictures explaining the Hydrogate:

https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/24185/hydrogate-vertical-adjustment-s-n-200

• Baller
@Clydesdale what year Nautique is that? Only the Nautique Club 200 and the new Ski Nautique have the auto Hydro Gate. Don’t you have a lever near the throttle to move the Hydro Gate? If you’re moving the lever and nothing is moving something is broke.

• Baller
@skierjp its a 2019 nautique 200 with the auto hydro gate. Not sure if it was standard or an option. Don’t let the “ski nautique” emblem throw you off. Originally was just “nautique” similar to all the new 200s. When that was damaged the previous owner had them replaced with the ski nautique badges.

Definitely in trick mode. On my 2012 the vertical plate tabs broke off and would not deploy the plate down in slalom mode. In slalom mode the rectangular box should be up and the vertical plate behind should be down causing more drag on the hull.