2021 Lake 38 Pro Slalom - LIVE Coverage

Horton

• Baller
Does anyone know if Dane Mechler is skiing the tournament? I saw him listed in the TWBC audience pick list but not fantasy ski. Given how well he has been skiing, it would be a shame if he can’t make it.

• Baller
TWBC continues to elevate the bar. This podcast has been the best yet. Tony L. is fantastic and Matt R. provides amazing insight. Wade does great short interviews and the video of the skiers is amazing. Freddie W. also provided commentary and humor.....AND 41 off! Hats off to Vincent S. for his "creation"...TWBC. He is a master of the art of webcasting. Great skiing and great webcast. And thanks to Lake 38 for hosting the event. Looking forward to the finals tomorrow.

• Baller
Awesome webcast, as usual with TWBC. I love that I can watch it on my TV. It’s like waterskiing is back on TV. The commentary is fantastic, the interviews are great, the video is perfect. I can’t say enough. On a separate note, anyone know why fantasy ski isn’t scoring?

• Baller
The announcing was fantastic. I listened to the men’s second round while painting patio chairs. Imo it was as good as or better than other major sporting event broadcasts. Watched most of the women’s second round and of course the video work was awesome too.

• Baller
Agree that TWBC is hands down the best! Tony Lightfoot and his guest announcers like Matt Rini can’t be beat, offering real and entertaining insights to both skiers and the technical subtleties of slalom. And their contained enthusiasm was such a welcome contrast to the over-the-top unlistenable screeching at the Masters. I thought Saturday’s production was a bit ragged in spots though, compared to the Swiss for example, which seemed slightly more polished overall. It was still great nevertheless. My one small criticism is this: the Wade Cox interviews are quite enjoyable, but they are meant to be fillers between runs, not main events. Yet sometimes they overlapped the start of the next run. In particular, when a skier like Dane Mechler begins a critical -39 pass, the skier should be given the full screen and the tail end of the interview put in the PIP, not vice versa. Small complaint in an overall great broadcast. Well done everyone.

• Baller

Awesome skiing by all the skiers at Lake 38 this weekend! And certainly congrats to Freddie for the win! It wouldn't have changed the podium but who else would have scored this 1/4 and not a 1/2??

Slo-mo replay starts at 3:03:35 -

• Baller_
@klindy, I had that exact thought at the time I was watching it. The ski continued outside of the buoy line and his body extension kept it there until he hit the water.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
“On his back” literally means not supported by the ski. And since he ultimately did NOT regain skiing position the fall occurred at the time his hip hit the water (and/or ski came out of the water). He’s still advancing on the boat until he falls. 1/4 buoy.

• Baller
No one who falls on a half regains skiing position! Who is supported by the ski when falling inside the body line? He and the ski were inside the body line while he still had the handle, so half. He may be advancing on the boat, but inside the body line. As long as he still has the ski on, he gets the half.

• Baller
At 41, holding on to the handle once he passes the bouy it is impossible to get less then a half. The ski was on edge as he passes the buoy before he goes on his back. His front foot would have broken the buoy line on the back side of the ball.

• Baller
Rule 10.12 B says nothing about skiing position. Also stated in Rule book is that the front foot is the determining factor, if it crosses the body line then a half. Didn't they score a half!