Looking for a 200 toward end of summer

Zman219

Anyone willing to part with their Nautique 200 toward the end of the season or know of anybody please contact. Appreciate it!?

I completely agree with you guys. Definitely a sellers market for sure. Trying to catch someone thinking about upgrading before they go and list it on ski it again or trade it in with a dealer. Not much inventory to choose from, unlike a few years ago.

• Baller
My gut is that as long as the virus recovery stays on track boat prices will be coming back down in the fall and next spring as people return to spending on other leisure and recreation activities again.

• Baller

@Zman a buddy of mine contacted him as well and asked “politely” about the price and his response was “it sold for $120,000 new”

So I guess boats are increasing in value like real estate?! Haha

• Baller
Just an FYI. I have been referred to in this thread, and received an IM regarding it. But, it is @Zman219 that is the OP of this thread. I'm the other Zman, (the original Zman). B)

• Baller

I truly hope folks are right that prices will come back down in the used market sooner rather than later, but I can see other ways this may play out.

The premise for the quick drop in price is based on boats that don't get a lot of use coming back on the market quickly. Many of them will come back on the market over time, but it may be years and be a trickle instead of quick flood onto the market. (see below for my thoughts on why in order to keep the main flow of this post concise.)

If you think about how used prices are set, it's primarily by compares with previous sales. Now that a new bar has been set, I think some forcing function may have to happen to cause a drop. Until there is forcing function, I could see prices hover at the newly established higher baseline.

The likely forcing function would be a significant downturn in the economy that drives up unemployment and suppresses income. And it's anyone's guess when that'll happen.

Why unused boats may not come back on the market quickly

The premise for a quick price drop is that when people stop using the boats they bought, that a high percentage of them will go back on the used market quickly. And while on the surface that would seem logical, I see plenty of examples that suggest that may not be the case. At the lot where I store an RV, I've talked to the owner a few times. It's amazing how many boats and campers that are there that were used for the first year or so, and then just sit there untouched for years. You can tell by the grass growing under them... For folks that have high incomes, time is much more precious commodity than money. I think it’s those kind of people that jumped into the boat market during the pandemic.

When I ask the storage lot owner about it, he tells me crazy stories of the people that just pay the storage bill year after year because they're simply too busy or lazy to sell the boat or camper. He even says folks have told him they just keep paying the loan payments for the same reason or they say they bought them for cash.

• Baller

2010 may be available mid August. Team 200 between 800=900 hours. Open bow with filler cushion, block off,and tonneau. Stereo with 6 speakers, pop up cleats, Nautique tower with Roswell bimini, docking lights, underwater lights. Zero off, accent lights, heater, jump seat, back seat. trailer, minor scratches.