Should this be 2 1/4?

Horton

• Baller
I don’t think control was lost until the ski left the water, but from this angle I can’t tell if the ski left the water before or after the buoy line. Would need end course video but at -41 you can’t be outside the buoy line before you edge change which would suggest to me that the ski could not have been beyond the buoy line before if left the water. Sorry Adam, impressive effort

• Baller_

No. I do not believe his front foot crosses the 1/4 buoy line - it's inside the buoy line. And, even if it did, he is not in skiing position at that time because:

"The weight of the skier is not primarily supported by his ski or skis, and in addition the skier is unable ultimately to regain skiing position."

Fun to watch, though.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Administrators
@adamhcaldwell hurt himself in the prelims. I think when he landed his "Air Caldwell" he cracked or bruised a number of ribs. I'm sure he'll chime in eventually and give us the details.

• Baller_
The look on his face at the end of each pass in the open looked excruciatingly painful. Then that hit outa 2 ball at 39. Adrenaline and determination are powerful pain killers in the moment. Hope he heals up quickly.