TonyT

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller

15 off, 34 skier on my best day. 170lb, 67", just matched my best pass on it after about 6 times on the ski. Vapor front kicker rear.

I will say, it rides different than my 2017 vapor...similar, but different. I was going to tweak the fin a bit, but found it more effective (right now) to stay stock and learn the ski more. It likes to lean, it does NOT like to be turned. I learned that last night at 4 ball :)

• Baller
I’ve had 3 sets on mine. Running stock settings and it feels great. Just as fast or low effort as the 21 but I feel like I have more grip and control. Offside turn is something I haven’t felt in awhile. The ski turns!

• Baller

Got mine, settings are stock, 1 set going from the 20 which had Denali fin. Skied my average on 1st set 5@13m/32off, but not my best 2@12m/35off. Onside is awesome, but need to work out gate as it slows down quicker. Need some offside practice to understand it. Tempted to put my Denali fin on it but will maybe give it another set with standard blade. Builds great angle into the wake, feels as fast as 20 too and the white is very pretty.

I am often Bambi on ice on a new ski but ran passes right away on this one.

Some random thoughts!!

Cheers

Ali

• Baller

I’ve had about 5 sets on my 2021. Still trying figure it out. Still run my average every set (about 3-4 @-32/34mph). It’s fast and smooth and offside great when I’m forward. I’m having a tough time with a clean smooth glide before the gates. It wants to slow more quickly than my 20/21. If I so much as go flat for a second it gets twitchy and I get hit in the face with spray. Still trying to get a smooth turn in and go.

It wants to be on angle at all times. Once it rolls over it takes off. In the course it’s solid and recovers quickly if u get out of wack. Holds angle really well and when I get in the right position I’m earlier than I’ve ever been. On pull out at end of course I always try to stand tall and glide until sink. Is slows quickly and doesn’t feel anything like my 21 where I had to purposefully lean back and slow before running out of pond.

Running stock 66 settings and will stay there for a while. It’s definitely worth a demo if you can. Very different feel from other Radars. I may try the 65 Senate Pro next.

• Baller

Skied today and made a couple tweaks. Finally got my gate glide figured out and back up to speed. Getting a good pull and letting it run slightly longer than I did with the 2021 with more angle on the turn it as opposed to slower turn it. Super early and loving the 22. Might try Cole G’s numbers next.

@ColeGiacopuzzi how’s the ski with DFT at .761?

• Baller

@TonyT @C5Quest yes I usually always end up going a bit forward on most of our skis, I like a little bit more slide at the finish. @C5Quest just think slow out and slow up on that glide, control the line. The great thing people will find with this ski, is you don’t have that feeling that you have to climb up on it, it’s extremely forgiving and allows the ski to turn no matter where you’re. Also even if you make a mistake it still pulls and pulls and builds and creates angle better than any other ski I've ridden.

@SkiBadger id go 66” for sure.

• Baller
First 2 sets on mine, settings are stock 67” and I’m super impressed. My off-side is not quite there yet compared to the C85 I’ve been riding, but the on-side was absolutely killer. Right up to my practice norms off the dock, and within a buoy of my all time best in set #2. Great job Radar! This is the third new ski I’ve been on this season and I instantly felt at home on it.

• Baller
Set #4 yesterday and for the first time in the 11 years I’ve been skiing 34, the purple loop went down with no caveats (I’ve run a few slightly slow). Still running stock settings and boots at 29.75”. Offside took a set or two to get right but feels awesome now. Onside is tremendous. I’m finding wider and early lines than ever.

• Baller

First ride this morning on my 2022 Senate Pro. I'm on a 69" and coming from a 2019 Senate Lithium 71"

The 2019 is for sale.

I've never ridden a ski that "just turns" like this one. The off-side is just money. Off-side has always been my issue on my previous Radars. I always feel like I need to wait a tick before turning back in on my offside. This is different. I don't need to be patient at all on my offside turn. It just rips right under the line and points cross-course, and my hips just finish in a stronger position naturally. It's the most confidence-inspiring ride I've ever had. You can just throw the ski out there and know it'll be there to support you.

Running factory numbers with size 14 double Vapors on a sequence plate.

This was on open water. Hoping to get on the course within the week. My PB is 5@28 at 34 MPH. Feels like 28 is going down on this thing for sure.

@Chris Rossi you are a freakin wizard m8!

• Baller
I've been on a 2016 69.5" Vapor since I purchased new in 2016. I'm really thinking Senate is my next ski, and I'm intrigued by the lithium vs. pro build. The 2016 Vapor has the PVC core, so any comments if I'd really notice a difference in the Senate lithium vs. Senate pro build? Ok, I'll say it...is there really a $600 difference in performance with the PMI core?

Is there anybody who can say something about the diffrences between the 2021 and the 2022 Vapor. I tried the 2022 Vapor and it feels reliable and stable with great onside turns but I miss the speed. Perhaps the 2021 is faster??? Any ideas?

• Baller
@Kuba the biggest things you’ll feel between the and 21 and 22 is the 22 Pulls from ball to 1st wake better and it takes more angle And keeps building angle. Which in turn puts you in a better spot before the buoy to run that wider line because it creates more pace. The great thing about it too is you don’t feel like you have to climb over the front like you have in the past to get it to roll underneath you. With 22 the sweet spot is huge and wherever you’re standing on the ski coming into the buoy it just feels more automatic; it turns and goes.

• Baller
@Gloersen - Only skied one set on it due to upcoming tournament. Skied right to my average, so pretty nice (currently on a 21 Vapor). I think the offside may be better than my current ski, but hard to evaluate with one set. Hopefully, I'll get another go after the tournament next weekend if the guy still has it. Only had the 21 for a couple of months, so spousal approval might be an issue...

• Baller
I've been skiing my 22 for about a month now. At first it felt weird compared to my 21...... now i love it. Its stable, it finishes really nicely and I've skied up to my personal best of 5@35 and 2@35 in tourney. Hopefully this is the one that gets me some purple rope. can't wait to get a new vapor boot on it.

• Baller
I moved to M3 this fall and been having great success with the stock settings. Previously I had been running 35s/36mph 50% of the time and 38 only once. With the new ski and dropping to 35.2mph in practice. I’m running 35s pretty easily and probably 15 38s under my belt. The new ski comes under the line so much easier from multiple spots on the ski and has plenty of stability and grip.

• Baller

Confused on description of the 22 vapor. On the Radar website the product description for year 22 and year 21 are the same, namely, both are more narrow than previous year. I thought the 22 was wider than the 21? Also, most of the pros are still on the 21 model, wonder why? I'm on a 2017 vapor and would like to go with either the 21 or the 22, just not sure which to try.

• Baller

@bs74 most of the team is on the new ski, if not all. Jmac has been on it since getting back from Herb's cup, and Jamie has a bunch of skis he's been using including promos which have last years graphics - which is probably a bit of what you're seeing. Pretty sure Joel Poland has done a review of his new ski too.

https://radarskis.com/products/vapor-pro-build-black

perhaps check your browser settings. The new ski is definitely up and description is accurate. I'm on a 21 which has been great for me and look forward to trying the new ski as well.

• Baller
@BS74 for the most part everyone is riding 22 at this point. Some of us are riding 22s very early on and are testing it in the spring and summer with 21 graphics. Some of the team just doesn't want to commit and make the switch to the new graphics ski in between big events since it can be a little bit of an adjustment; Also its a worlds year so everyone wants to be on top of their game.

• Baller
I was on a 2019 Vapor until late this summer when I switched to the 2022 Vapor. I have been running stock numbers on it until last week. I moved by wing to 10 and my boot forward a 1/4". For me the wing and boot changes worked. I like the ski more than my 2019. Very happy with it.