OffCourse

Nashotah

• Baller

I am hoping this helps all of the ballers that have been contemplating an OffCourse purchase. I have now had mine for about 2 weeks and in a nutshell: THANK YOU ERIK!! A little background in an effort to fully explain my excitement and so that those of you in a similar situation can relate and make a decision to buy a unit. I am 60 yrs old and for about 15 years had daily access to a permanent course. Like most of us, I became an addict, reaching a point at which I ran 32 off with the occasional 35 off. Circumstances changed and I lost access to any course. This was 10 years ago and I have been free skiing ever since. As grateful as I was to be able to live on a lake and free ski, it just doesn't compare to the thrill and sense of accomplishment of course skiing. Two weeks ago, I felt like I was reborn, I'm 40 again! Seriously, I don't want to sound dramatic BUT Erik nailed it. He hit it out of the ballpark and I am beyond grateful. The thrill is back, the challenge, the sense of accomplishment.

Does it replicate a course and feel the same? I say YES! Once you establish that start gate timing, it brought me right back to my course skiing 20 years ago. The timing is spot on, you can see the splash EASILY. The unit has worked perfectly without a hiccup. The learning curve is short. And at my old ass age, I don't worry about hitting a ball and taking out an ankle. Here's another great feature: I ski the course in nothing but glass for the most part because now you can choose where to ski! That being said, on a few less than perfect days with some mildly rough water, I still had no issues seeing the splash. I hope that this "review" helps those of you that are on the fence. Feel free to bounce any questions my way.

Another note: I had some stupid , basic questions the first couple of days and emailed Erik. They guy responds immediately and personally phones me and answered all questions.

• Baller
I second these views and recommend this product! My hats off to Erik for this invention to solve a real world problem for skiers without regular access to a slalom course. It puts the challenge back into free skiing and keeps the timing for the ski course in synch. After a couple of weeks of use, I did have a chance to get onto a slalom course and had a PB, which is the proof that the Offcourse is doing its job. I have been a 15-offer for many years (once at 22 off) and this year I reached 22 off again comfortably at the end of the season and also got 3 at 28 off. It is beautifully and sensibly engineered and Erik is extremely responsive to questions or any issues. It requires a little set-up and and needs to be calibrated when the boat passenger weight changes, but it is worth it.

• Baller

@Nashotah

Holy Cow, Nashotah! You hit the nail on the HEAD! We got ours in early June and have literally fired through 5500 balls. I'm 51 and my ski partner is 63. Both of us have had a history of regular pulls through courses which have all dried up 10+ years ago. OffCourse came along at THE PERFECT time as both of us were starting to feel a little burned out on free skiing. Since we started back on the course (OffCourse), my skiing has gone from struggles in 22 off to having taken a clean 6-pack at 35off earlier this week (34mph)! My ski partner has seen similar changes in his skiing and the barefooter who rides along with us is amazed every day at what we bring to the table. Free skiing is fun, but it really puts you in a rut and allows for bad habits. Amazing product! Great company! Great guy who stands behind the product (Erik)!

Incidentally, I spent YEARS growing up skiing on a lake which mirrors your username in this forum (upper). I cannot imagine you call yourself that for any other reason than that's your water. Cheers and thanks for starting this thread. This is a very niche market and I really want this product/company/individual to succeed!

• Baller

I ran 32 off 2x in a row clean, so I asked my observer to grab the camera. Of course I screwed the pooch on ball 4 with the camera rolling. The splash is FAR FAR more evident to the skier than it seems to be in the video. I hope to get some more video available soon, but the season up here in WI is dwindling quickly!

I'm glad to hear that you guys not only enjoy skiing the OffCourse™ but that you also make a lot of progress by doing so!

@DFWskier The total height needed for the OffCourse™ measured from the top of the window header is 17" with the standard magazines. The same goes for the Z-Magazines although they are much easier to refill if the bimini is mounted low.

If someone is contemplating a purchase but want even more reviews, make sure to checkout our page on Trustpilot.

• Baller

Just wanted to give some input from Sweden since my wife and I now have skied with OffCourse (OC in the rest of the text) mounted on our Malibu Response 340hp from 2005 equipped with PP Stargazer and Z-box. We have the boat based in the Stockholm archipelago with no possiblity to put in a course at our location close to our house. When I first heard of OC a couple of years ago I immediately thought that it would be perfect for archipelago course like skiing after our own boat instead of only doing free skiing. We are both fixed buoy course skiers also and members of a club with a course on a lake. My wife skis into 32mph and I ski into 32off at 34mph (soon old enough for 32mph though..). I have to say that OC lived up to all my high expectations. The best things are actually the new Z-magazines (as seen in the pic below) that holds 24 balls each, matching the life of the CO2 cartridge so you reload everyting at the same time. The Z magazines allows you to do 48 turns in a row if you have the space and the stamina, absolutely wonderful! You do need to get the course width right and you do need to learn how to time the start with the boat crew so you get the zero ball were you want it, but that is easily solved after a couple of tries. I really think that this is a great training aid if you don't have access to a normal course where you ski, well done @ErikBerghiller !!!

dm3hoqk5dtx1.jpg