Forget GiveGo. Forget the Ski Schools. Let Willa show you how to become an Instructor!

DangerBoy

• Baller

Wanna learn to be a champion jumper but can't afford the lessons? Don't worry! The good folks at Evinrude got your back. This'll get ya from newbie to expert in no time. Just follow the instructions carefully...

b8d15fkjkt8q.jpg

Apparently, the whole concept of protective gear completely eluded people in the 1950s... ?

What's really funny about this one is where it says, "While jumping may look like a cinch from the sidelines..." and then you look at the pictures of four idiots killing themselves and say to yourself, "Uhm... not sure that looks like a cinch..." :D

• Baller

Ahh, so nostalgic. Remember those days when you used to ski along in 6 inches of water 10 feet out from shore and pick up the babes? We always used to do that and it worked like every time! ?

Also remember when it only took 7.5 hp to pull a 150 pound skier on a pair of 75" long skis or 35 hp to pull two 240 pound skiers on pairs of 75" long skis? It seems like horsepowers just went further back then. Now you need like 350 of 'em just to pull one skier. I guess that's the effect of inflation... ?

sktjecv64qlq.jpg

Hey @Melissakimball, did ya notice the pair of skis they're loading into the boat in the inset image? Look familiar? They must be pretty early models eh? (sorry, Canadian ;) )

Maybe someone here is better at identifying vintage ski boats than me. That boat in the inset picture, is that a '55 Prostar or a '56 Nautique? I can never tell those two apart. Similar lines and all.. ;)

• Baller

@DangerBoy no lie, when I was a younger man I used to take my boat to the public beach on my days off work and talk girls into going out to learn to ski, swim and hang out. I started at age 13 and it still amazes me that the parents would let me take their daughters in my boat unsupervised.

When I go back to visit my hometown, it’s pretty common that some woman will recognize me and talk about how awesome that was.