any leads on a 2014+ prostar?

Lars

• Baller

We've been getting more serious about getting a newer boat but most of what I'm seeing are ridiculously priced, mostly from dealer's snatching up boats and marking them up after they were originally for sale by private party for 20k less

There was recently a low hour 2015 in MO that sold for a (current market) reasonable price fo 60k. Budget a year ago was 50-55k but looks like 60-65k is what it's going to take in 2022. Ideally looking for one with bow cover, rear seats, and both ski racks, no tower and single axle trailer.

Anyone know any that'll be coming up for sale in the spring?

• Baller

You have to plan ahead, like 8 months in advance. If you’re looking for something in the spring you’ve likely missed your window for anything reasonable.

One option to consider is putting a deposit down now with a ski club (LaPoint) or school (Coble) for the fall. Otherwise you’re rolling the dice with supply and demand.

• Baller

@jhughes will have to reach out to Bennetts.

@ScarletArrow already emailed Coble, they said they may have one for sale come May or June. Saw the lapoint boat for sale but with 1200 hours the justification of needing to upgrade our 1100 hr boat with a newer/lower hour boat falls apart with our better halves ;)

I'm told by my local dealer they received half their original allocation of Prostars for 2022 so not as many people trading up around here...

• Baller

If you have a boat that works keep it a while longer. When new boats inventory normalizes used boat market will go down a lot.

I sold a 2019 ProStar for 62k in July and on a normal year it should have been 52k.

69 + tax for a 2016, you may as well add a little bit and order a 2023.

My guess is the 2016 may be worth 50k or less a year from now.

• Baller

I may know of one....

My ski partner has a 50th anniversary with probably about 300 hours on it. He has an order in for a new one, however not sure when that will come in. He will be selling his when the new boat comes in. Message me if you want some more info.

• Baller
Yup supply and demand. it does have the 6.2L, Most people right now are selling boats for more than they paid several years prior and there are enough people willing to pay. The 3 DD makers aren't going to make More boats they will make Just enough.

• Baller

@RAWSki @BraceMaker I emailed skipper buds asking if their price was negotiable since it is (what I would consider) way over priced and he said 'the seller is firm on the price as we have already taken offers near asking price to him' sooo I might have to rethink everything if a 2014 can go for 85k.

Just saw this pop up this morning and its perfect.... except for the color. Got the official no way on the color from the boss. And its legit, I contacted them and they sent me a bunch more pictures.

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2014-mastercraft-prostar-8200626/?utm_source=search%20alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BT_SearchAlerts&utm_content=212022

Admin Edit: The boat in the link above is 100% fraud.

• Baller

14 6.2’s have the same ratio trans than the 5.7L. But I think the 6.2 had plenty of power to not have the issue. By 2016 AWSA had dropped the 1.22:1 5.7L Prostar's from the approved boat list.

I hope it’s legit but, be cautious with that black 6.2. Picks look similar to one posted previously in Florida using pics scraped from a boat for sale in Australia.

gbbw7830ry3n.png

yay4fdfpo6x1.png

• Baller
Agreed. The black 6.2 is suspicious. Call the Florida Mastercraft dealer for their insight. Action Watersports in Polk City. And for sure don’t pay a down payment without seeing it first. That’s the previous scam….. they take the down payment site unseen and then it goes completely quiet.

• Baller

We're all in a market where what's available is what's available, in UK / Europe we have to deal with what's available all the time rather than buying what you want.

There is a 2015 MC NXT for sale here in the UK (at dealer) for £75k, (~105k $) its bonkers

• Baller
Google earth of their location does look like what’s in the pictures, but still potential for a scam. Sometimes, though, dealers don’t know what they are dealing with. I missed a legit 2015 Prostar for $30,000 last spring, needed a good cleaning but that would have been the deal of a lifetime.

• Baller

Admin Edit: This boat & dealer is 100% fraud.

Yes I did:

k8oefdud8r7d.png

r95ab3ofiue1.png

And yes I would be cautious if I had pursed it. As Ed Bolian says, "money, title, vehicle. Never let someone hold all 3 during a transaction. "

Admin Edit: This boat & dealer is 100% fraud.

• Administrators

*************************************************************************************

*************************************************************************************

I was contacted by a known skier who works in the boat industry about this boat. Apparently, this boat and dealer are 100% fake. There is no boat. It is a high-dollar scam. I understand that a member of the skiing community has already been scammed and lost 100% of the asking price of the boat.

• Administrators

This darn thing keep showing up on boat traders Instagram account also. I sent them a message but.... . To be fair I'm not sure how they would keep track of this kind of thing.

jqcd6897j4u0.png

• Baller
@Lars just fyi on the 2017 prostar on ski it again. I just bought it. I think the owner is waiting to take it down until after I pick up but not sure. Good luck in your search! It is definitely scarce out there for good deals on newer used boats.

• Baller
Thanks!! @Lars I settled on $70000 with the owner. It was a little above what I had hoped I could get but overall I do t think I was going to find anything better in the price range. And the banks have good rates for 17+ so payments are plenty manageable.