Ukraine waterskiers

Cooper_Trelawney

• Baller

It isn't looking good in Ukraine right now. There are several good skiers from Ukraine. Does anyone have any connections? I just read men ages 18 to 40 (I'm not 100% sure on the age) all were ordered to report for duty.

I hope this thing doesn't get any worse than it already is.

@Horton if this post doesn't belong, delete it.

My intention isn't political, simply concern for Ukrainians and their waterskiers.

• Baller

I just had a quick text exchange with Danylo. Some quotes with his consent:

what I’ve been doing is people send it directly to me through PayPal, Zelle, etc and I’ve been distributing it here, I volunteer all day long with my brother here in my city, we buy many different things for people in need, our territorial defense organizations, army, etc…

They post long lists of different stuff here that they need and we buy it and deliver it

We for sure know that the people get it

This followed up a conversation where I asked him about how I could help get food in the area. He said that the humanitarian efforts are obviously admirable but he didn't know which ones he could say for certain are producing the most immediate result.

You can send some money to his PayPal by clicking here

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller

We were all sad to hear that the Worlds were canceled, but we all can agree it was the right decision. I was to serve as team manager for this year.

2020 Worlds were supposed to take place in Ukraine and were cancelled due to covid. They re-awarded 2024 to Ukraine, but we can all assume that event may be moved as well depending on how things transpire in the region. They are looking for alternative sites for University Worlds for this year if any one is interested in hosting shoot me a message and I can get you in contact with the right folks.

Praying for everyone in Ukraine.

• Baller

TWBC Online – with Danylo Filchenko

Containing some explicit language this is Danylo Filchenko’s account of the Russian incursion into his native Ukraine from within his home city of Dnipro. This World Overall Championship bronze medalist is also not shy about offering his opinion on the aggressors in this invasion and those who implicitly or explicitly support them.

Donations to help him and his friends through this ordeal in Ukraine are currently being taken via this PayPal Link.

https://www.waterskibroadcasting.com/podcast/online-with-danylo-filchenko/

• Administrators
  • Baller
@Luzz I saw that request too and I find it to be very telling for how bad things have become. It's troubling to say the least. Yet Danylo's bravery and love for his country are remarkable. He's one of the best overall skiers in the world, and he's in the sh&t instead of on a private lake in Florida, it's crazy. He and many Ukrainians are sacrificing so much for their country. I'm sure it's difficult for the Russian waterskiers to deal with too but in a different way. Anyone hear anything from Igor Morozov or other Russian skiers on their take? Getting info from the straight sources is better than what the US media provides.