Lakeland, Florida?

MitchellM

• Baller
Anyone know anything about the lakes in Lakeland, Florida? I'm interested primarily in Lake Gibson or Lake Parker. I can't seem to find out if either of these lakes has a course. Any information or contacts would be appreciated.

• Baller
Lake Parker is a very large, shallow lake. No course on it that I’m aware of, although it’s possible. Lake Gibson is smaller and clearer. Don’t know if it has a course. Probably pretty thick with Wallys. There must be a course on Lake Hollingsworth, the home of the Florida Southern ski team. The tournament skiers in Lakeland shifted to private Ski Paradise in Mulberry years ago. You’re in luck, Ski Paradise is for sale.

• Baller

@skierjp thanks for the confirmation about the lack of courses on those lakes. Lake Hollingsworth does not really have any homes around the lake. I'm looking for a nice home site on a lake with a course. I also do not want my dock across a street like many homes in Winter Haven. I've heard mixed reviews about the current crop of skiers on Spirit Lake. Currently no homes for sale there anyway.

I'll keep looking.

• Baller
@skierjp we spoke last year about spirit lake. Personally, it looks perfect for me and my family. Quite frankly, I'm kicking myself for not buying a nice home that sold on Archaic Drive when I first started looking. I don't want to air any dirty laundry on the site, but I can say that I met a nice couple at a tournament who moved from Spirit Lake due to the drama. They cautioned me about buying there.