2011 Response Lxi?

tlarocque

• Baller

I come from skiing behind Nautique 206s but sold my last one last summer. Not many good boats on the market this year but came across this boat in Michigan, outside of Detroit. I know the Response had some better years than others, not sure if the 2011 is a decent skier for someone like me who just does open water free skiing. Thoughts?

I have been in contact with the seller and, even if it needs a little cleaning up, seems like a pretty good deal at $30k. 110 hrs on Indmar motor. Anybody near Clarkston, MI want to take a look for me???

bztaxzgy29yq.jpeg

2hiwp3kna2ll.jpeg

lrnutwk3a17r.jpeg

• Baller

I have enjoyed many sets behind a neighbor's boat that was similarly configured to that boat. It is sharp looking from the exterior I hope the interior cleans up, but it appears damaged in the limited pics. 110 hours is low, any maintenance records.

I think people prefer the later editions of that hull when it went to PCM/Crusader power and the engine was moved forward a bit. Would make a great open water ski boat and a good price point for a boat that could easily have ZeroOff installed.

Why did you part with the 206 last summer?

• Baller

I agree, seems like too good of a good deal. But it was posted on a Malibu forum and the seller has been communicative. But, that's also the reason I'm hoping to find someone to go lay eyes on it and feel out the seller.

Yes, it's a bit dirty. He said he left it at his cabin up north after he bought an Axis wake boat for his kids. Said he has replaced the carpets and the seats. Said trailer is just okay and tires need replacing. I think those pics are a few years old so he's supposed to get me a walkaround video this weekend.

Mastercrafter - Let me get the videos from the seller this weekend and then, if it looks decent, I'll reach out to you. I very-much appreciate the offer to take a look.

vtjc- I live in San Diego but our lake cabin is in WA state. We bought a wake boat with some friends last year and it would have cost me $300/mo to store the 206 for 10 months, so I just listed it before I came home last summer and someone showed up with cash. I've done that several times..l have boat ADD.

• Baller

Interesting thread. I would say it would be fine to ski behind - probably has more bump at 15 and 22 off vs my earlier LXI. The price does seem off and that interior looks trashed (carpet on sides, etc. Lake test and compression test for sure!

I find it odd that the ad has been up so long on TMC at that price.

• Baller

The platform brackets show signs of sitting in the water a LOT. I saw the pictures of it on another site, the wedge and under water running gear have the same signs.

I’m curious why no engine pictures were posted. Seeing the cosmetic shape of the bilge and exposed metal parts on the engine might also be an indication of how it’s been treated. My assumption is the pictures make this boat look better than what it will look like in person.

I would put some due diligence into checking that one out if you are serious. As was mentioned, a compression check and a water test at minimum.

• Baller

LoopSki- $30k. Which seems like a good deal but when I start factoring in transport, taxes, deferred maintenance, etc., maybe it ends up being a $45k boat and not so appealing.

Those pics are a few years old, however, and the seller said he has replaced carpets and seat skins.

• Baller
There's bananaron! I found a 1999 SN with a GT40 that's much closer. No trailer though. Think I will go down that route first as its all I need and a boat I'd rather own. The Response seller hasn't sent me a video anyway, so....???