Leverage

• Baller
Our ski group was just talking about this on the weekend. The tug of war body position BUT your not trying to win against the other team/boat, your looking to fight to a draw. Is that how you see it twhisper?

• Elite Skier

@2tracmind Just depends... many skiers never get enough leverage through the shape of the body so they have to pull their asses off to get anywhere. A good leverage position might allow for a lot less physical effort, and/or getting a lot more angle and speed for the amount of effort going in.

Just after a perfect turn the skier might want to think of "fighting to a draw", but sometimes you've just got to make up for some lost ground resulting from a previous mistake.

With some skiers I need to tell them to give it more effort, and others I try to have them put in less effort. The leveraged position though should always be perfect so the skier can control when and how hard they want to load and also maintain better control/position of transitioning from the acceleration to the turns.

• Baller

Bit of a silly experiment I did a few weeks back and and I doubt I’ll ever experience this position in my skiing, but I could actually start on the ground, get my arms, shoulders, chest, and hips in position, and push through my legs in order to come off the ground.

The amount of compression I felt was insane, and without everything in place (though maybe not perfect), I simply collapsed and could not lift off the ground.

It proves that the right posture and stance is super strong, and provides a tonnnn of leverage

r2cuce9j2tvl.jpeg