Who Will Qualify for Masters?

Horton

• Baller
I find it interesting that USAWS did very little if any promotions, updates, or results of the Masters Qualifiers. I suppose their Masters announcement might get out by tomorrow. As for the webcast, we can only hope the Masters folks have learned some lessons from TWBC and not do the same ole crappy show.

• Baller_

Dano the Mano!

most of you don't know Dan is a avid trick skier and barefooter.

Dan is very knowledgeable about three event and imop brings energy to an otherwise boring event... you know like slalom!!

I won't be there this year, first time since 1992.

I wish all the skiers and riders a great event .

• Baller
I think Dano and Tyler do a great job announcing this tournament. Dano is no Des Burke Kennedy by any means but brings a different style to the microphone for sure. Many don't know it but Dano is also a well accomplished Yo-Yo Man. Always has one in his pocket and won't hesitate to pull it out and entertain those around him with some pretty impressive tricks. ...Jody, Hate that you won't be there as it's always good to catch up with you.

• Baller

@Jody_Seal ...Nuff Said! Don't blame you.... enjoy buddy... @Horton ..Been going to the masters since about 92 since I'm only about 2 hours away from Callaway. I did enjoy Des's announcing. A couple years ago he was back in the booth one more time and for me it was like being a younger man going to my first masters. Maybe it was the Irish accent or maybe it was because back in 92 it was an eye opening experience to the world of Competition Waterskiing and his announcing sealed it for me. (Kinda like Howard Cosell on MNF) He was on the beach talking with Nate and I walked up to wish the best of luck to Nate and tell Des it was good to hear him back up in the booth. He brought back memories of the first time I ever went. He laughed and said" Boy, you sure do know how to make an Old Man feel good!. Thank you for that!"

I always enjoyed slalom sking as a kid and once the wakeboarding craze hit I bit it. Hung up my HO Ceramic Ski and bought a WB. Did that for several years and even bought my first SN in 2001which was a 88' masters boat solely for wakeboarding (Even has Andy Mapples signature on it). At the 50th masters after watching Andy rip it up out there and then having him autograph my boat, I was in awe again. Dude is older than I am and shreading the course. I put down the wakeboard and picked the slalom back up and never looked back.