Goode XTR Team - First few rides

Horton

• Administrators

I am 2 rides into the XTR Team review. A total of four 32s, 6 35s and 4 starts at 38. Basically jumped right on it and felt at home immediately.

First impressions are the the ski is extremely easy to ride. It does nothing odd. As with previous Nano models it is first and foremost a forgiving ski. Turns on both sides are very good but the on side turns might be better than the off side turns.

• Baller
@ horton, just looking at those numbers compared to the 3 'stock' settings you have the fin at the most shallow of all numbers and quite a bit shorter than the shortest number, and furthest ahead....am I missing something? That fin is like short and shallow and far ahead...

• Members
Only 6 passes in a 18mph head/tail, but whatever they did to the ski works for me. Or maybe my 4yr old XTR really is worn out. Either way, it was a really fun set and I am looking forward to riding it again in better conditions when I get back from a short business trip.

• Administrators
Ride 9 today I ran my first 38 on the ski (second one total this year) with new settings. Not sure there settings are final but I am pretty impressed.

• Administrators

Ride 11 I cooked some new numbers. I was too tired to try to get down a 38 but the 35s with these numbers were the best on this ski so far.

6.752 jaws / 6.835 tips

2.490 depth

.728 Standard / .718 Slot

29 3/16

These numbers are not that great. Better ones on other thread.

• Administrators
I have gone a little longer with the fin. Not getting really consistent quality ski rides at the moment so this review may take longer than normal. Anyway I have run a few 38s and am looking forward to really wrapping my head around this ski.

• Members
I tried the Alt 2 long shallow this afternoon and I skied pretty much the same as the short deep. Surprisingly it did not feel much different than the short deep I had been riding, but it was in an eye rattling head/tail, so it was a rough comparison, but the buoy count was the same as the short deep would have been. Hard to determine a favorite setting from that, but both are good. Probably why they are both factory recommended.

• Baller_

@horton In this video from your 2021 MasterCraft ProStar review, you completed turns 2 and 4 with your ski in an attitude that allowed you to flow into your stacked position without a delay. This made your on and off sides quick and symmetrical.

This is ball 4 from that video . . the video shows a very fast transition out of 2 and 4.

It might be interesting if you could compare this to your XTR video and explain the difference. Is it 'time on a new ski' or am I seeing it wrong.

01r0zkmj69ud.jpg

See the last half of this video

• Administrators

Still not sure I have the right settings. Sounds crazy but I need to go to stock.

Anyhow I ran another 38 today. Packing up the house an moving 200 mile north is not helping the process.

• Administrators
@PatM Life is getting in the way. I sent the last few weeks packing and getting ready to move my family 4 hours north. I have run a number of 38s on the ski so it clearly does not suck but I need some consistent skiing before I can think about writing the review.