Twisted hands on of side Back Wrap?

gsm_peter

Agreed. When I learned the reverse back wrap I had to push the handle WAY down (like near my knees) to be able to hold it. Then, while backwards, I learned to stand up straighter and slide the handle just below my butt. It helped me learn which muscles were needed to hold it. It worked better for me to learn it rather than just forcing it back and being pulled front over and over.

• Administrators

RFF reverse back wrap I will slide my right hand over so my fingers are actually on the rope where the rope meets the handle. My right arm is almost straight and low. The thumb of my right hand is heading to my butt hole.

• Baller

Ideally, hands and the rope should not move much doing any tricks. Your focus should be on your edges, body position and balance - not on the handle (except to keep it quiet).

That picture is a very stilted handle position. No way can my arthritic shoulders get in that position. Nor do I have time between tricks to contort my hands (and recover) smoothly and rapidly. It's not a completely worthless drill (nor is the more conventional learning tool of pushing the rope down by your knees) but if you can hold that position, bend your knees a bit more and set a hard cutting edge and relax your hands to make the position comfortable. Soon you will wean yourself of needing weird handle positions.

Note that reverse backwrap is a dynamic position. There's no reason to hold it and track straight. Get there and come back for BB. Set a strong edge and attack angle to cut at the wake for WBB. Land the W7BB and pop front. No points for sticking and holding a static position.

Reverse backwrap requires a lot of flexibility spread throughout your body. From the ankles, knees, hips, back to the shoulders - everything twists. Off water stretching and dry land practice will develop the needed flexibility. Keep working to improve the trick.

Eric

• Baller_
@ral regardless of the original question, that is a beautiful photograph of trick skiing practice. Skiing artistry captured with photographic artistry in a beautiful image. credit to you and the skier.