What’s Mastercraft Up To?

Mastercrafter

• Baller

MasterCraft has 15 different hulls, they have a cool shot of 5 of their boats running down the lake, I wouldn't read too much into that.

I would consider it highly unlikely for them to launch a new ProStar after only 2 model years. Even in the prime years of waterskiing (late 80s and 90s) MasterCraft was running 3-4 years on a ProStar 190 hull design.

• Baller

@Broussard I said exactly the same as @Mastercrafter but on FB; Thing is, whether they have 5 or 15 hull models, generally you cant tell the difference at a distance between them, unless they have the traditional or pickle bow. But, you can tell the difference between a V drive and DD. It seems their marketing chaps don't give a monkeys about advertising or selling prostars as they sell themselves.

It's a shame that on such a large platform they don't give homage to their entire range and announce the 2023 range without a prostar in the video.

Looking through the comments on FB and Instagram there are a lot of them asking the same question.... "where's the prostar?"

• Baller

@chrislandy They typically shoot the ProStar at a different location with a slalom course (usually a tournament ski lake). The photos for the rest of the line are done on a much larger lake.

It's not an intentional slight, just a cool shot they got from one of the 15 days of photo shoots. If marketing truly did not care about the ProStar or skiing they would not have 5 skiers on their team of 10 signed athletes.evz1xo0e2eif.jpg