Progear ski gloves

Andre

• Baller

It was mentionned during this week end webcast that they are now being sold by Alice Bagnoli. Never been close to a pair but always read good comments about them.Anyone running them? https://www.skiprogear.com/shop

How do they compare to the MSN yellows that i've been using last 8-9 years? As thin and durable?

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

I keep trying others but keep going back to Progear... and I'm finally done trying others.

The good: Super thin, no bulk, really grippy. Definitely my favorite glove to wear and use. All others, inside-out or not, feel like there's too much material around my fingers. I buy the smallest gloves I can fit into and still don't love em. That is a non-issue with Progear.. it's like they're not there, but you still have super-hero grip and comfortable connection to the handle. They quite literally feel different (good) enough to make me happier and more comfortable while skiing.

The "not as good": They don't seem super durable. I wear holes in them relatively quickly, but they're about 1/2 price of the Syndicate 41 Tails, which also fall apart on me. Cost per set is probably about the same in the end and really a non-issue.

Sometimes the velcro seems weak, but if I don't crash and have the straps open up once wet, they hold just fine. Becoming less of an issue now. My Radar and Syndicate glove velcro also opens up. Really I just need to stop falling.

I would give them a try!

• Baller

A Pakistani company makes this type of gloves, at least some or most if not all. There are some quality variations but overall gloves are pretty much the same. I think they offer two qualities and possibly some brands have a better quality control.

I’ve seen this type of gloves originally from progear and then MSN and Buzotta’s Pkb and Savvas Pandeli SP and ML and Ho and other brands. There could also be some sizing variations too.

I think MSNs have the coolest colors though…

• Baller
Have not tried these but very much prefer Kevlar gloves for superior grip. 100% agree with @Mastercrafter in wanting best form fitting finders etc . Connelly Claw 3 are the best I’ve ever used . Prior Connelly versions had quality issues but they’ve stepped up the process IMO with the Claw 3. Thin form fitting and durable with great grip. Yes you can have all that extra unnecessary bulk around your fingers with the inside out craze…. No thank you. If Connelly were to discontinue these I’d but a couple dozen pairs at least. May have to give ProGear a try though

• Supporting Member
@KRoundy I was told by a ProGear rep that you want these super tight and so at least a size down from other types of gloves. (They didn't turn out to be my favorite gloves, as Kevlar gives me a purely psychological grip improvement, but the best were probably the S even though I wear L in Kevlar gloves!)