TWBC and US Nationals

LeonL

• Baller
Did ya see the 2 year old B1 tricker? Great to see, but also in my opinion extremely dangerous act of Mom helping him start of the platform. Sitting on the platform, with legs in the water and boat moving forward. I'm surprised that the chief safety didn't go beserk.

• Baller_

@LeonL, the next most mentioned error is the dropping of the shoulder from not reaching properly.

Also, I've been using the closed captioning to run the video when I need to turn the sound off. I'm not sure if TWBC has to do anything special for that or if YouTube has that as a real-time feature, but it's nice to have.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

Everyone that is watching should consider contributing to the go fund me campaign, they are still just short of the goal. I have contributed twice and hope that enough funding is contributed to make this happen again next year.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/2022-us-nationals-webcast?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

• Baller

@fu_man Some sites have international skiers as homeowners or members that help put on the event. If the timeline allows why not let them ski? Nationals is a huge tournament with lots of overhead so a few extra entry fees don't hurt. There are usually 3-10 total international competitors (if the host elects to have International Divisions).

Last year the IM and IW divisions served as qualifiers for the US Open - a pro tournament held in conjunction with the GOODE Nationals.

• Baller
Has anyone noticed 7 of the top 10 US Open Men and 6 of the top 10 US Open Women slalom skiers are not competing? Are they all injured? Makes for a fairly blah America's Cup. Too bad because TWBC is doing a great job as usual. I hope viewership is decent for tonight's finals.

• Baller

TWBC coverage of nationals has been absolutely awesome, and exactly what this sport needs to grow. I did my best to express my appreciation to everyone involved in person and with a contribution to the fund me prior hereto. I sincerely hope nationals will become as important a staple as any event on their calendar. I agree with you @MitchellM , coverage of the kids is awesome, and has a huge contribution to interest. Well done to all involved. It is so appreciated by a far wider audience than on BOS, and the competitive ski scene.

@ETskier, haven't looked at lists and speculated reasons for missing, and while I love watching Regina ski as the champion she is, a glare-filled women's final, with conditions that we mortals have to deal with, I enjoyed watching Ali and Anna in the final. And T Whisper in the finals as well?! With JT, Nate, and Sean?! I dunno, for me, I enjoyed the field in the finals.

• Baller
Agree 100% on Zane’s commentary he’s doing a great job. And @MarcusBrown stopped by for a fun chat too. It’s cool how both of those guys just love the sport and the fun of it! Thanks for the go fund me link, didn’t know about it, but made a donation to help a little

• Baller
I totally agree with the comments on the fantastic production by TWBC. To me this is by far the best entertainment available to watch. I really appreciate the hard work that the entire crew is doing to put this production on. For instance, they all had to start before the 7AM tournament start to get ready and worked until after 11PM last night when the Americas Cup ended. I certainly could not talk non-stop for 16 hours! I just threw a few dollars out to the go fund me link and I encourage all others who are enjoying the service to do the same. HERE is the link to save you from searching above:)