MasterLine glove unboxing & Discount Codes

Horton

• Administrators

I've got about four rides on these MastersCurves. They fit right, they're comfortable, and the grip is great. For me it's just the right amount of padding.

616i0nfzmypt.jpg5yu1wt9funvp.jpg

• Baller

I completely agree with @Horton on the "Lock" style gloves. The moment you open your hand, they completely release from the handle. I have been using this product for many years due to a forearm issue and later a index finger injury.

• Baller

I have been a MasterLine K-Palm Curves user for years. I have been waiting for them to come back into stock for at least a year. Thankfully my existing few pairs were hanging in there while I waited.

I jumped on this and ordered 2 new pair right away. Unfortunately, to my surprise, the design has changed significantly. They seem bulkier in the fingers, they bunch up on the palm side under the knuckles when gripping the handle. Hopefully after a few sets and some blisters later they will loosen up.

Regardless the Masterline quality is there! Glad to see Masterline gloves are back in stock!

• Baller

@Toddl, @horton In most cases the ProLock style glove will release as soon as you open your hand. However, there are instances where they catch as theyre releasing. Making the statement, "they completely release..." is not correct. If you are coming out of the turn, overturn resulting is excessive slowdown and fall toward the boat, there is a likely possibility as you open your hand the dowel will be in a verticle position. When the handle is pulled by the boat the triangular corner where bar meets rope catches the dowel resulting in a snatch of the shoulder before the glove is free of the handle. Usually this is not a big deal on a healthy shoulder. However, many skiers don't have healthy shoulders and this snatch can result in several weeks of rehab or surgery.

I love the ProLock/clincher style gloves but stopped using them years ago for the above stated reason. This season in an effort to "de-stress" my hands I went back to the ProLock. Unfortunately, I missed several weeks in July/early August after the gloves which you stated, "completely release" simply did not completely release. Shoulder still isn't great but able to ski. Will never use ProLocks again and suggest anyone w/shoulder issues avoid them as well.

• Baller

@Inboardfix - Skiing is risky. We should all know that. You described a very unique set of circumstances whereby an issue could occur. This is all over our sport. There are circumstances where each and every binding system can and might fail. This is why we love our sport. There is some risk. There is some excitement.

US Gear handle (which I also use) does not have those corners. So, I guess I am at a little less risk. ;-)

• Baller

@Toddl Actually the set of circumstances mentioned is not very unique as I'm sure every course skier has experienced the fall described. Not sure I follow your comment on binder systems. Are you stating they all can fail and therefore all gloves might fail? If so, my point is made and the "completely release" comment in your earlier post is not correct.

False information can lead to serious injury in our "risky" sport. All products are not for everyone and the ProLock gloves are a product which should not be used by someone w/shoulder issues, IMO. There have been posts on this forum specifically on ProLock style gloves and several comments were made similar to mine. They can and do snatch (may be related to using a traditional handle).

One of my ski partners and my daughter both use ProLocks and have never had an issue. Both use the ML Evo handle (ML's counterpart to US Gear). Never put 2+2 together but in view of the fact you use the US Gear and have never had an issue w/ProLocks, perhaps that style handle mitigates the risk. I'm not anti ProLock and not anti @Toddl. Usually I agree w/your comments.