First water ski rides 2023

Horton

• Administrators

I took my first ride of 2023 today. It did NOT go well.

A post shared by John Horton (@ballofspray)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• Baller

My skiing is garbage right now. I’m trying to fix it before I ingrain garbage in. Tail riding like crazy. Haven’t figured it out just yet. At least I’m skiing, I guess 

Like @rico I tried a 2 set session. Regretted it the next day. 

Edited by aupatking

• Baller
5 minutes ago, dleenhouts said:

Respect the hell out of the idea of filming the first pass of the year

I don’t 100% disagree but I don’t think your body is in the physical condition to really do anything consistently on the first set to the second set. I’d say I’m a totally different skier day 1 to day 2. I will be Givego-ing my next set though

• Administrators

@RichardDoanesomeday I will teach you to put video on the internet

I shortened to 35 for the first time of the year yesterday. Why is it so hard in April?

• Baller

I got my first ride in yesterday in 49degF water but thankfully the air temp was low 80's.

I was thinking that the moments before the first ride of the season is the closest feeling we ever get to the Very First time we ever skied. Butterfly stomach, nervous antisipation, it all feels a bit strange and then it's all gone the moment the pull from the boat comes. What a great feeling.

• Like 6

• Baller

I am REALLY first rides, as recovering from shoulder surgery from last year. Just glad to get in deep water starts, and free skiing some 28 off and let it all come together, working on posture and a tight line....and not hurt the shoulder. Actually kinda fun.

• Like 5

• Baller_

Got my 1st rides for 2023 after THR Jan 3rd. I had no aspirations of going around the balls but yesterday made full pass on 2nd trip down the lake (30/15) - balls are addicting. Free ski at Big Lake this morning with the Wed  Nite Crew. Tired but hip feels great.  

• Like 3