MasterCraft Prostar Trailer

kirkbauer

• Baller

I recently purchased a Prostar and it came with a very nice custom trailer -- three axles, six-wheel surge brakes, spare tire, ladder in the front, removable tongue, etc. But the thing is that I don't have an indoor space to park the trailer, and I won't be using it much since I have a dedicated spot for my boat on the water.

So I'm curious if anybody is interested in either (1) buying my trailer or (2) trading your more basic trailer plus cash for my trailer. I'm located in central Georgia.

PXL_20220310_014943502.NIGHT.jpg

• Baller

A pro star does not need a triple axle let alone a tandem.other than looks and long trips to the lake.  After a closer look it  may be a wake board trailer converted. Pro stars don’t need bow ladders. Huge over kill    Good luck 

Edited by dave2ball
  • Like 1

• Baller

The trailer does seem to be a bit of overkill but the bunks appear to fit the boat perfectly and the bow ladder does look like it takes you right to the front center of bow lid for access to the center windshield.  It appears the boat came from AZ where they love to haul long distances, not sure I want to back that thing up on some of the tight ramps we have.  Good Luck with the trade.

• Baller

Yes, correct, this was a Lake Havasu boat and it seems it spent more time on the trailer than on the water. It was a 2015 with 110 hours total time. Contrary to other opinions on here, I'm told it was custom-built for this boat. Now I don't know how that works -- perhaps by "custom-built" it means they modified an existing design for much larger boats?

• Baller

That trailer could be worth a fair amount of money if the bunks could be reconfigured to hold a 21-22 ft surf/wake boat. It is certainly built to handle the weight of a much larger boat. I think your best shot would be to advertise it for sale on some of the forums that cater to Surf/Wake boats such as MasterCraft Teamtalk, Planet Nautique, The Malibu Crew. If you can sell it for a good enough price, then just buy a ProStar trailer.