COST OF BOATS

bananaron

• Baller
On 4/10/2023 at 4:02 AM, Broussard said:

They again spent a great deal of effort redesigning the ProStar for 2021 in order to create a better experience for the average driver making it easier to handle and track better.

These decisions were made with the average skier in mind as they are the individuals typically purchasing these boats.

@Broussardlike what exactly did they do? Fin plus what? I drive one regularly and it's not in same league as my 196 for tracking/handling.

It is a great skiing boat no question, that wash is FLAT.

• Baller

@rockdogThe 2021+ ProStar features 4 tracking fins and tracking rails that run from the first tracking fin to where the shaft exits the hull. The linkage at the rudder has also been changed in order to remove some play and create a more direct connection to the wheel.

• Like 1

• Administrators

@rockdog superficially, the 21 does not look that different from the previous 2014 - 2020 but it is completely different boat structurally. 

• Baller_
On 4/8/2023 at 10:16 AM, Jody_Seal said:

I dont know how many times I either took a boat to one tournament to have skiers complain about something then take it to another tournament two weeks later and its the best boat they ever skied behind??!!?? and nothing has changed in that regard.

Its the same for Fins, Skiing has become such a mental sport, that the issue is "rarely the skier"(Sarcasm)

• Like 5

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Baller

@MDB1056I got a ride in my big sister's boyfriend's 6 speed in 1968. He dragged his '64 Vette on weekends. He put a $5 bill on the dash in front of me, stopped on the entrance ramp and said catch it and it's yours. Passing 135 mph, we slowed to make the next exit, and the green bill was on the floor. Retro, cool machines can penetrate the soul.....It had the 427. 

We also got to be in a video shoot with MasterCraft a couple of years ago, and they used a '72 Orange and grey stars and stripes vs a new wakeboard boat. I tried to buy it, but to no avail. Just too cool.

• Like 1

• Baller

Last year we had a 70's PS S & S- grey and blue stars show up on the lake. Fully restored to showroom like condition. So much mojo.

The guy paid 10K CAD and is now local. Never skied a day in his life but wants to learn.

• Like 1

• Baller

In the mid-90's I bought my first boat - 1987 Prostar 190 for $10k - that's $20K in todays dollars. My next boat was a 2001 MC that I bought in 2002 - paid about $35k - that's $60k in today's dollars. I just picked up a 2022 Prostar for ~$100K. I guess I can sleep at night since I spent an additional $40K for a boat that is so much better in every aspect (wake, power, tech, interior). At least that's how I justify it 😀

• Like 2

• Baller

Agreed! The crazy part is the wife wanted it just as much as I did - and she doesn't even ski (yet). So no justification there either. And that, my friends, is one of many reasons why she is my wife 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Baller
44 minutes ago, chaloux said:

I've decided on a 21+ ProStar someday but damn, the TXI price point sure is nice

https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=66444

If that wasn’t from a reputable individual, I would say that’s too good to be true and a scam. Good boat, great deal.