Club dues for 2023?

LoopSki

• Administrators

That's $170 per ride for the first 50 rides and then $35 per ride after. Considering that it includes a current year boat, boat insurance, gas, boat maintenance, lake and lake maintenance I don't think that's ridiculous.

it's not cheap but look at the price of boats....

• DIslike 2
  • Haha 1

• Baller_

@ROBOT, I also had a membership at a second club that was a $500 per year fee and $40 per set arrangement.  I didn't join that one this year, as my ski partner at that location moved away and my personal schedule is too busy this year to actively use two clubs.  They have a 2023 Prostar on the lift, which I would prefer over the 200, but maybe I'll get back there in the future.

This is a picture of that second club (older pic with the 2017 Prostar on the lift):

LakeCharlesWatersports.JPG

Edited by MISkier

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I think most people have a budget in mind, per annum what they feel they can spend on there water skiing, with a bit of give and take.

I personally have a limit to what I  would pay for a set.

I  certainly would not be paying $170 per set, for my first 50 Tows, Sunset Ranch is asking $140 for a walk in six pass set, not for me either, it might be a case of a group of people wanting to keep the facilities to themselves, I  don,t know.

Ballers what  is your Limit?

The boat broke where I was, skiing and the only place nearby was $80 so forced to go with it.

Edited by Stevie Boy

• Baller

I think is the Valensin site rename by Gordon Rathburn as a second Ski Paradise vacation place...ICBW.

At almost 59,i ski less sets a season but still over 100  in a 5 months season.  Major $$$$$$$

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

I've never liked the "set" mentality. I think it should be a time frame like 35-45 minutes which could equal the "set". 
Paying close to $100 for 6 passes is crazy. 
Heck, I organize full coaching weekends with pro instruction for $75 a "set" and each "set" is given a 45 minute time slot.

• Like 1

• Baller

Ultimately the market will tell them if they are charging too much and then they can pivot and adapt by adding value or by lowering their pricing.

Their Acapulco operation isn't cheap either, but that's a different business model.  I wonder if the California facility will have pro guest coaches too?

• Baller

Unfortunately, in some areas that is the only way to get access to a course. In that case - limited supply drives prices up. 

Thankfully I am in an area were I have access to several lakes with courses, even if they're public. Hard to justify that price premium for private water. 

Frankly, with what I have access to in MN, I don't think I'd pay more than $1,500 a year for private water, not to even think of a per-set fee. I don't care about the newer boat either, that is just paying for something I don't need/want honestly.

• Baller

Or limited membership.

A ski club where you can ski from 630PM to 830PM daily guaranteed should be 8500 bucks.  If you pop in after work at at 7PM there are 20 people waiting around and you sit there till sunset to get your set or have to leave or have to ski during business hours to use the club.  Well then you're kinda screwed huh.

• Like 1

• Baller

My last lake (private boat owners) put their subs up by ~$650 this year (over a 1/3rd increase), so we left and now ski at a commercial ski lake with new Ski Nautiques and 200's each year, world class coach & at least nationals level lake with 2 courses for just over $35/set 

• Like 1

• Baller

Ouch

Our ski club in Sweden, Stockholm charge 400 usd per year. Discount for family and kids. It is probably the most expensive club in Sweden..... Include unlimited sets with own gas but volonter work and ski buddy to drive. 

For about 1500 usd one can join type all 8 clubs within 2-3 h drive from Stockholm. Not needed, one can usually have a few guest sets at each club with some extra gas. 

Welcome to Stockholm! 

• Like 1

• Baller

It’s insane $$$ and they are marketing it as 20 mins from the Sac Airport. Already false advertising as it’s a good 45 minutes. Also who is this World Class Driver they speak of? It’s all bizarre and hope the details get ironed out because it’s really off! And to be skiing in front of winery guests, too!? Hmmmm

• Baller
58 minutes ago, NikolG said:

It’s insane $$$ and they are marketing it as 20 mins from the Sac Airport. Already false advertising as it’s a good 45 minutes. Also who is this World Class Driver they speak of? It’s all bizarre and hope the details get ironed out because it’s really off! And to be skiing in front of winery guests, too!? Hmmmm

The starting dock was seating with table and chairs when I stopped by there last year. Wine was good. They were renting paddle boats so guest could take a spin with a bottle of wine. That will be interesting with waterskiing going on!!! 

Edited by LoopSki

• Baller

Based on the pricing and reactions from people here, I gotta wonder, who is this for?

It sounds like the main slalom demographic (the only people who *might* pay this premium specifically to ski) is currently being served by a couple of lakes within 20min of this one.

If they're gunning for rich people who just want a country club and might be interested in skiing, why build in Sacramento? Why not build further south and try for that demographic closer to LA? I imagine that type of demo is much larger down there, and as far as I can tell, ski lakes are basically non-existent near the city

Good luck to them, but this seems weird just looking at it

• Baller
33 minutes ago, jgills88 said:

Based on the pricing and reactions from people here, I gotta wonder, who is this for?

It sounds like the main slalom demographic (the only people who *might* pay this premium specifically to ski) is currently being served by a couple of lakes within 20min of this one.

If they're gunning for rich people who just want a country club and might be interested in skiing, why build in Sacramento? Why not build further south and try for that demographic closer to LA? I imagine that type of demo is much larger down there, and as far as I can tell, ski lakes are basically non-existent near the city

Good luck to them, but this seems weird just looking at it

That lake has been there for many years. Originally called sunset ranch.  I used to ski there off n on as I did all the granite work for the main house, the barbecue and the guest house.  

• Like 1

• Baller

@jgills88 the lake is in Gault. Across from many cow pastures. Unless the area has been built out the rich may not be too impressed when the lake first opened it was a great place to ski and memberships were very affordable for the time. 
I would love to see the full details and the driving staff.  

Edited by dave2ball
  • Like 1