New boat MSRP?

MitchellM

• Baller

Strolled through the Mastercraft dealer yesterday where a beautiful Prostar sat in the showroom.  I am in the market for a boat, but thought only of buying a late model used boat.  When I asked the price, I was told $140k for the boat but that the price was negotiable.

Realistically, what's the price of a new prostar from a busy dealership?  They would obviously like to move a boat they have sitting in stock.  I might be interested in buying if the price was right.  I had foolishly hoped this would not be as painful as buying a car.  Sadly, I was mistaken.

• Baller

I know the price of boats is eye watering, but it's about how long you intend to keep it, and it's about the value when you sell it, never going to make you money, realistically how much does a new boat devalue, if you look after it  ?

$35,000 in one year seems a lot.

• Baller
1 minute ago, dave2ball said:

Boats are not moving as fast as they were.  Throw out a price and see if they bit.  You can always walk away. There loss. 

I'd like to do that, but I'm wondering what a reasonable number would be.  Several new prostars on onlyinboards at $120.  I might bite at $110

• Baller

Wait until next year when it's still sitting there, then shoot them an offer.  That's how I practically stole my '15 Prostar from a dealer.  But if you put in an offer now, shoot for 25% off MSRP + the government's vig. 

Edited by swc5150