dbaconaz

• Baller

I'd recommend a malibu sunsetter lxi over both by far, that said, the 205's wakes are pretty nice but spray can be an issue.  Would not recommend a 206 (if slalom is the sole purpose).  It becomes way too complicated to weigh other considerations.  I happen to prefer 350s over 351s, others don't.  Rest is a matter of preference...except that the lxi (99-04) was probably the gold standard by which all walk through open bow ski boats should be measured.  

I've not owned a 206, have owned a 205 (for a very short while) and I've had 2 sunsetter lxis.  The skiability out of the lxi, coupled with its space, and wedge for anything else, puts it in a league of its own.

Edited by buechsr
  • Like 1

• Baller

I skied on a pond with a 92 PS205. The PS 205’s prior to the hull change in 97/98? were the same hull as the 91 - 94 PS 190 hull and had excellent slalom wakes with some skier spray at -35 and shorter. After the hull change the wakes were bigger, more like a crossover boat. I haven’t skied the SN 206. Only heard they were on the pretty large side.

Edited by ALPJr
  • Like 1

• Baller

I have owned a 206.  It was a good ski boat for 34 mph skiers especially as the line shortens.  It drives and tracks well with excellent build quality.  It's got a very good wake for 34 mph skiers especially at -28 off and shorter at 34 mph (IMO).  When I owned it some of the women complained about the wake at slower and longer line lengths.  The wake turned into a nice trick wake quicker than a 196. I also would not put a tower on it especially the older, heavier towers, as the heavier towers will ruin the wake plus three people.  At that time I rotated boats with some pretty good 34mph skiers in our club, another with 196, and another with a Response LXI of that era.  None of the men were unhappy when the 206 hit the rotation and I did not notice a performance drop when we used my boat.  

Edited by jjackkrash
  • Like 4