KD SKIS/S-LINES ROPES

bananaron

• Baller

I have to say something great about Scott at KD skis and Slines ropes.I have gotten ropes from Scott before and now just a few days ago wanted a KD ski and he found a 67 platinum elk and tel for me.He shipped it out right away and I really enjoy this ski.I think more people have to try the KD line and I think they will enjoy them a lot.Scott is now my main man for ropes and skis and I think someday he will make handles we all will enjoy.THANKS SCOTT FOR ALL YOU DO!!

• Like 5

• Baller

I have been on an S-Lines since mid to late last year and am impressed with how it has skied and held up. I can not comment on KD skis. There are only so many ways to keep prices lower than the competition: 1) Take a lower profit margin, 2) use lower quality materials, 3) make it somewhere that costs less (usually at the cost of labor practices), 4) lower manufacturing quality control, 5) spend less on marketing and such, and probably a few I am missing. I have absolutely no idea which of these (or combination of these) KD is going with and I have not been on one of their skis yet. I hope that it is just #1 and I am sure that time will tell. It will be interesting because all other companies seem to charge around the same for a ski and it has been argued a few times on BOS that the cost is justified. I really hope that KD is making fantastic skis and that last and continue to only improve each year.  That is only good for all of us who spend way too much on this sport already.

• Baller
16 minutes ago, bananaron said:

@Shell I know however I like handles like us gear and in tow.I have spoken with Scott and I think someday he will be making a product like those.He is working hard now doing what he is doing....

I actually am using a handle he made especially for me and it’s just as good , so we will see how it wears, I also have 2 in-tow handles that I love , so props to Scott!

• Baller
5 hours ago, bananaron said:

@Killer What don't you like about the ski? And what do you like about the vapor.....What yr is the vapor??

Its not that I don't like it, I could get used to it long term.  I skied it a few sets and liked it enough to keep riding it the week before a record tournament.   

The vapor is very fast and builds space before the buoy better than the titanium for me.  Vapor takes less work but also doesn't turn as easily or into as much angle, especially offside. I've been on vapor since 2014, my current ski is a '21 66" so I've been on the style of ski a long time now and tough to change.  

5 hours ago, bananaron said:

I probably would buy the KD had I not purchased the KD platinum just days ago.....

You could always try a comparison between the 2!

• Like 1