Switch from Hybrid Rear to Wiley's Hardcore Rear Highwrap on Universal Plat

epnault

• Baller

Hi BOS Team - I switched to the Radar HRT BOA in season 2021 from the Reflex R-style. I liked the Radar system but continue to have issue with the BOA system.  On my 21 the lace eyelets pulled out from the outer and inner layers so I ordered a whole new HRT boot this season.  Last week I had the laces break on the new boot and called up Bill at Performance Ski and Surf for a more reliable option going forward.  He recommended I try Wiley's.   Anything I need to know?  Concerns, etc.  I have a Radar Senate Pro, Reflex Front and get up with both feet in.  I should also mention the Radar team stands behind the product and is sending me new laces at no charge.

• Baller

@Mastercrafter - @dave2ball The only complaint I had about the R-style was that I would wear out that booty so fast and I got sick of buying them.  I tried to use an Intuition cut down but not luck.  You got me thinking though.

Thanks for all the replies - I will try and if it doesn't work out Bill said I can send it back

• Baller
1 hour ago, epnault said:

@Mastercrafter - @dave2ball The only complaint I had about the R-style was that I would wear out that booty so fast and I got sick of buying them.  I tried to use an Intuition cut down but not luck.  You got me thinking though.

Thanks for all the replies - I will try and if it doesn't work out Bill said I can send it back

My first Rstyle liner wore out quick but is still together enough to keep as a spare, duct tape and all. 

My replacement has a LOT of sets on it and still looks new. Will try to post pics later... but its a lot like the one here: https://www.h2oproshop.com/collections/ski-bindings/products/reflex-rear-slalom-r-style-binding

Edited by Mastercrafter

• Baller

It's at the boat house, but, you simply remove one of the wraps that is on the inside of your foot, so when you put your foot in, the binding opens up on the inside and you can get it in while in the water. which enables one to step off the dock or platform and then put in your rear foot, works really well.  and simple.

• Thanks 1

• Baller

This turned out great for me.  I was nervous to hit the course out of the gate so I free skied with it and was thinking this is not going to work out.   Decided the next day that I needed to get in the course and try it before I make the final call.  In the course it was great and I thank Bill for the advice.

For those looking for mods Bill has some he will share with you.  He sent me some pics of cut/trimmed over wraps to loosen up the binding.