2024 Radar Vapor Review - first rides

Horton

• Administrators

I mounted up the pretty new Radar this week & I took my first real rides on it today. This review is going to be fun. The ski is unique. I think I am going to like it a lot.

The darn thing is FAST and when I say fast I mean low effort everywhere. It is not overly fast at apex but it is super fast through centerline or at least that is my first impression. 

With the settings I am starting with, OnSide turns are ridiculous.   

It is hard not to get super excited when a ski feels great for the first few rides.  

Say tuned.

• Like 4

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@jjackkrash I got these numbers from somebody who already had some experience on the ski. I not saying those numbers are ideal but I did like them better than the stock long shallow. You never know after some time on the ski I might migrate back to the stock long shallow. I'm just getting started.

• Like 1

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@Horton be good to get your thoughts on how it compares to the outgoing model. When I got the 22 it instantly felt a little slower/ smoother /longer than my previous Vapor, a 2017, which was a rocket ship so was slightly disappointed.

If it’s a mega upgrade I’m going to have an expensive dilemma 🙄

• Baller
1 hour ago, whitem71 said:

@Horton be good to get your thoughts on how it compares to the outgoing model. When I got the 22 it instantly felt a little slower/ smoother /longer than my previous Vapor, a 2017, which was a rocket ship so was slightly disappointed.

If it’s a mega upgrade I’m going to have an expensive dilemma 🙄

friend of mine is riding the 2024 and finding it noticeably faster side to side than the 22/23 shape.

• Administrators

Last few weeks have been a blur of tournaments and travel. Not the best way to get dialed on a new ski.

Anyway, I have 3 rides so far this week at home behind my normal boat and things are clicking. I am nowhere near knowing the exact details of the final review but the ski is really good. Everything is easy. I have dropped the extra 32 I normally before shortening the line because 32 and 35 are so darn effortless. ( Instead of starting at 28, I almost always run two 32s and then shorten ) 

• Like 6

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Wow this thing wants to turn!  Got a quick set in today.  Stock L/S shallow settings.   May try S/D but started where recommended.   More reports later but right up to my average of mid -32 .  Less effort in turns and fast across course.  

Edited by C5Quest

• Administrators

it seems like the ski is sensitive to boot placement. I've been exploring, forwards and backwards a 10th of an inch at a time. I'm not very far from stock but a little bit makes a big difference.

• Like 1

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I moved back to Bf 29 3/8s on my 66.  still experimenting.  Was on L/S settings,  just switched to S/Dish. Haven't ridden it yet but will give it a go tomorrow.  Are you still split in the middle @Horton? I'll try the S/D with 29 1/4 next.  It's an interesting ride for sure.  

• Like 1