Had no idea it was that many.

Wish

• Baller

The odds of running 43 off have always been high in my mind.  After seeing that stat, the odds of running 43 off are extraordinarily high.

Running 41 off will always be impressive to me, so I take nothing away from those that have accomplished that feat.

• Haha 2

• Baller

Agree with @The_MS.  If the best in the world generational talent who has run 200 41's in competition and my guess is easily doubles or triples that if practice total is added hasn't run it---it's not going to happen.  It's physics here folks--the line is too short.  

If I'm him I don't even take shots at it except in a tourney--just be magic at 41 and win 95% of the time. 

• Like 4

• Baller
39 minutes ago, lpskier said:

@Slalom.Steve Or Andy…

@Mastercrafter If the buoys were two feet narrower, wouldn’t -43 functionally be -41? So wouldn’t the answer be “yes?” Dr. Jim might be able to offer an expert opinion here. 

Yes. It’s kind of -41 but I’d guess there are a lot of dynamics at play with the handle path, ski path, swing, etc. Kind of stupid hypothetical question but I wasn’t  sure if its getting the ski around the buoy that’s hard, or managing everything else at play. 

Edited by Mastercrafter

• Baller

That brings up the topic of the constant talk of continuous ski improvement.  Nate set the record at 2.5@43 about 10 years ago.  Bumped it by half a buoy what, maybe 6 years ago. If ski technology is constantly improving, it just proves that there is a hard limit to what is possible.  Oh, just maybe Nate is still skiing on the same design from 10 years ago with current graphics.  Just shooting wild thoughts.