Collegiate Tournament Registation/Scorer Warning

ToddL

• Baller

I'm not going to go into details.  However, all of those who are hosting a collegiate tournament soon better plan for a very frustrating night of cussing at WSTIMS due to AWSA website being down.   Let's just say that the chief scorer in my house has not been in a good mood all evening.   

tenor.gif?itemid=17930159

• Like 2

• Baller

My son has been trying to get his team registered for quite some time. Never has been able to do it. AWSA hasn’t responded to his emails either. He’s at a tournament this weekend, so hopefully they don’t line up and get told it’s a no go because they aren’t registered. I’m sure that won’t be the case, but I could see something like that happening. 

• Baller

My wife counted up the hours spent before and after the tournament.  They are up above 20 hours.   More than half a work week of time lost.  The registration file arrived with some corrupt elements.  It took a while to get it to work sort of right.  Team scoring was messed up.  The Google Sheets registration ended up with duplicate skiers, missing skiers, and two skiers with the same USAWS #.   Then, the scorebook would not allow connectivity to waterskiresults.com for live scoring.  It crashed more frequently than every before during the tournament.  Then it would not allow for export import from the other computer used on the second lake.  After the tournament, there were multiple errors discovered.   When she tried to correct them, the WSTIMs software would either crash or present a strange error message.  Eventually, she had to write down the scoring data, delete the skiers and re-enter them and rescore them.  This happened to many skiers.  We spent hours just reading off the paperwork while she verified that WSTIMS had the correct info before finalizing the scorebooks.   All this as a volunteer.  She is a regular/senior official in multiple events, I forget which she is senior.  She has performed as chief official many times and does so each year.   She said that she would not be chief scorer again while the website is down.  It was too stressful and too much work.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While it has been frustrating with the servers across AWSA and NCWSA, NCWSA designed their own template so that scorers could upload into WISTMS, and captains would fill out for their team’s registration each week.

Even being Chief Scorer myself, the guide they provided was very easy to use, it was also reassuring with having both NCWSA Chairwomen and Vice Chair always available to help trouble shoot if a problem presented itself.

We had 13 tournaments (700+ athletes) in the Midwest this fall, with our scorers having nowhere near the same amount of setup time you experienced.

If your student is having issues, they should be reaching out to their regional chairman.

• Like 1

• Baller

It's all off line at the moment.  The Scorers were having difficulties posting results to waterskiresults.com.

AWSA web pages are back up, but there is a backlog of tournament results to post.   They appear to be working in chronological order as I have seen some earlier tournaments starting to appear.  I have no idea how long it will take to get to the recent and upcoming Collegiate Regionals tournament scores.