Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

D3 Neo

Justin_C

• Baller

Anyone have any thoughts on the original Neo?  D3 has them on a good sale and I’m considering the upgrade from my original NRG (which I LOVE, I just find it a bit slow behind the boat). 
There doesn’t seem to be much anecdotal information out there on these skis. 
For what it’s worth, I’m about 150 lbs, 5’8 skiing at 36 running 32off occasionally. 

• Baller_

One option although you would be comparing new skis, the D3 demo program is excellent.  You can try multiple skis to compare attributes then make you decision on what suits you.  TW is available for feedback and suggestions as you try the skis.  Can't offer any insight on your specific question other than the D3's I have sampled over the years tend to stick with their formula and have a familiar feel.

• Baller

I still see the original 2018-era NRG at tournaments to this day. I've never seen a Neo (first gen) in the wild. I've seen many in stock, unsold. My hunch is it was not a hot seller and not for everyone.

Additionally- I've been in that position where I'm making a ski buying decision because the ski is on closeout and I'd caution against that approach. Been burned by that in the past. Though tempting, the price of the ski is should not be what makes it the ski for you. For how much we spend on this sport it's worth it to find the right ski for you regardless of cost (within reason of course but not the primary factor, is what I'm saying here). Otherwise we buy the tempting discount ski then back into trying to make it work for us which can be a waste of time.

Hey Justin,  I just got one of the original NEO's.  I have been riding Connelly from the Prophecy all the way to the present DV8.  I talked to Terry Winter about which size to get.  I am also 5'8", 150 lbs and can run 35 50% of the time at 34mph.  Terry is around our size and he rides a 65" and that was what he recommended to me.  I got it this week and have only taken one set on it.  Ran 3 28's, 6 32's and 4 at 35 out of the boat.  Never missed a pass, so I would I have to say the ski is pretty good. It felt easier from side to side but still shut down, turned and felt stable.  Hoping to get some more sets on it next week.  I would reach out to Terry and talked with him, he is very helpful and will help you get it set up if you decide to try one.

• Like 2