Have you heard of Louis Duplan-Fribourg ?

Horton

Who is Louis Duplan-Fribourg ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard of Louis Duplan-Fribourg ?

• I have no idea who he is
    • I first heard of him last week watching Worlds
    • I had heard of him before Worlds but did not know much about his skiing
    • Yes I knew he was a elite overall skiers before the 2023 Worlds

• Baller

I've seen his trick scores for a few years, then 2 years ago at Pickos' his little brother put on a clinic at the U21 world's.  Then I started paying real attention.   Last year's European championship in Italy was covered by twbc.  He and Luca Rochenwald (sp) jumped lights out.  He and his little brother are both tremendous athletes and seem to have a lot of fun on the water.  Hope we see more of them.

• Baller

@Horton I think the French waterski scene is pretty interesting.   Record setting lakes, mystery scores, great skiers, etc.  Its' the kind of place where you can snow ski/waterski or waterski/surf all in the same day while eating amazing food and drinking great wine.  We should check in with our mutual friend,  J Parades, to see what the secret recipe is in France.   That is, if he isn't exploring some reef in Tahiti...

• Like 1

The  entire Duplan Family Skiis including Mom and Dad ski.  They are coached primarily by Jean Francois Rapp, who skied with Jack Travers the majority of his skiing career.  The DUPLAN’s own a home at Sunset Lakes.  They are a wonderful hard working fun loving family.  Jack and I and all our crew have so enjoyed having them for the last 12 years or so for spring and winter training.  The three brothers have incredible overall ability.   

• Like 4

• Baller

this reminds me that the Paris Olympic will run surfing in Tahiti. One athlete is qualified for skateboarding and Surfing so she will have to do a bit of traveling to attend both events... 🙂

I have seen the Duplan Family training at the lake in Florida. All amazing skiers and genuinely nice people. Maybe they were less active on social media or promoted by a brand. 

• Like 1