55 WEST #6

darinmontgomery

• Baller

55K WEST #6 will held Saturday and Sunday, October 21st and 22nd, at Swiss Waterski Resort in Clermont, FL

The two preliminary qualifying rounds to determine the Final Head to Head brackets will be held on Saturday. The highest scores out of the two rounds are used to seed Sunday's Final Head to Head pairings. 

Everyone is welcome to attend in person and the event will be Webcast Live. 

Live Webcast links below

Saturday 

Sunday

• Like 5

• Baller_

Greg Badal scored 2@10.25 to (provisionally) tie Chet Raley for the M6 record. SP was good. The rope and handle measured in tolerance. Greg seemed pretty happy with everything except the part about being old enough to set a M6 record…

• Like 1

Lpskier

• Baller_

Two Connellys on the podium, and only one had a wing. The other had an “after market” tail. At least five Connellys, four Denalis and two LaPoints in the event.

Jason Peckham, the guy with the beard, is the fellow that designed the very interesting T shaped handle I mentioned in another discussion a few weeks ago. 

• Like 3

Lpskier

• Baller
3 hours ago, Mastercrafter said:

Jason's fin is like 3" DFT.... interesting. 

Would be interesting to see a bottom view. Fin block is no where near the end of the ski. Good catch. Some crazy experimental piece on the versatail ? With the handle he uses , he definitely can think outside the box. What is it @lpskier ??

• Baller

A lot of skiers from NY state run a plastic extended tail on the Connelly.  They look like a duck beak and I think someone up there makes them, not sure on that.  But the guys I've talked to swear by them.  Obviously it's working for Jason.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Baller

I  watched some of the webcast, saw Jasons' first round Saturday. The announcer was commenting on how deep Jason got in the turns and remarked on how much load the line must be under with his style. It is impressive to watch in person, I've seen him run 39s at his home site, from shore and from the boat. It is amazing, looks like he is going to rip the pylon right out of the boat.

Also saw his 5.5@39 om Sunday, incredible, thought he was going to get thru it after he turned 3.  

• Like 2

• Baller

Congratulations to Seth. I think he could make just about any ski look good. But when I watched him at this event last year, I thought he looked better than he has in a while and at this event he looked even more impressive. Last year his ski looked like a prototype and this one a finished product. C1?  I’m curious about this ski. Maybe @Sethski can comment. 

• Baller

39s ran that week

55K Warm up Tournament

Jeremy New-Ricci: 2@41 on Goode

Greg Badal: 2@41 on Goode (M6 record)

55K West Tournament

Mark Menasci ran .5@41 twice on Goode

Seth Ran .5@41 twice on Connelly

I Don't have a pic of Jason's ski, but the tail flexes when you push it. Very interesting...

• Like 1

• Baller

@adkh2oskier Jason Peckham does have a very cool T handle. He used it in one or 2 rounds. It is in the process of being officially approved by IWWF. Main reason according to him is safety. 

@jcamp Hard to tell. Not many new people from those who were around 10 to 15 years ago. Few pros / OM transition to MM. The last ones are Noah Vieke, Seth Stisher, Adam Caldwell, Adam Cord, Chris Rossi...

The MM tour with 55k WEST is a lot smaller. We lost some skiers and other are a bit older. Having said that, I am about  10 buoys behind the top guys and the event was a lot of fun, with a wait list. This is a good sign. 

The Swiss 55k stop was great. The organizers did a great job. I encourage skiers to support them and join at least one stop.

• Like 1

• Baller
10 hours ago, rico said:

39s ran that week

55K Warm up Tournament

Jeremy New-Ricci: 2@41 on Goode

Greg Badal: 2@41 on Goode (M6 record)

55K West Tournament

Mark Menasci ran .5@41 twice on Goode

Seth Ran .5@41 twice on Connelly

I Don't have a pic of Jason's ski, but the tail flexes when you push it. Very interesting...

I can't remember who it was but someone on this forum once said Flex Matters

• Like 1