Silly ways you long for the days of skiing

kmenard

• Baller

I am all in on snowboarding right now, but still missing my waterskiing days here in New Enlgand. So I tried to find a soundbite of 6.2l boat starting up just to get that little butterfly feeling back in my gut right before missing my opener, and I can't believe I can't find that...would have been such a great ringtone 🙂

• Like 2

• Baller

I love hearing an old carb MC start up cold.  Nostalgia!  Smell of the unburned gas while standing in the smoke on the platform putting my ski on...

Pics of undisturbed buoys on glass at my favorite ski sites do the trick, too.  

• Like 3

• Baller

Every morning when I wake up the first thing I check is exactly how much more daylight we will have tomorrow.  Even though I pretty much already know, down to the second, because of how often I look at the runrise/sunset chart.   (The day will be 1 min. 21 seconds longer tomorrow where I live).  I also check how many days until March 10, the day I can ski after work without leaving work early.  (Only 64 more days!).   God damnit I hate winter.  

• Like 2

• Baller
18 hours ago, 6balls said:

I love hearing an old carb MC start up cold.  Nostalgia!  Smell of the unburned gas while standing in the smoke on the platform putting my ski on...

Pics of undisturbed buoys on glass at my favorite ski sites do the trick, too.  

@6balls the sound of my 4.8L V8 440hp does the same for me when I can’t ski! Gives me that “funny little tingle feeling”❤️🤣

IMG_5874.jpeg

IMG_5872.jpeg

• Like 2

• Baller

I LOVE the sound of my boat starting in the morning and have thought that I really need to record it sometime. Glad I am not the only one to think of that, but also sort of kicking myself for not doing so!

Today is 1 min 24 sec longer than yesterday, but we're supposed to get some very cold weather here in the PNW later this week.