How much do you watch  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch the Pro Event webcasts

• I watch as many of the pro events as possible
    • I watch some of the pro events
    • I don't watch most or any of the events
  2. 2. What keeps you from watching more

• I am hard core. I watch most events live
    • I am at the lake or busy when as the events are live and that limits my watching
    • I am at the lake or busy when the events are live so I watch some live and some replays
    • I am at the lake or busy when the events are live so I watch the mostly replays
    • I want to watch but can't invest that much time per event. Watch parts of the replays at most.

• Baller

@Rednucleus I am sure she will be there. You my quiz her on her knowledge of the pros which is quite good concidering she is a non-skier. However she is a most excellent boat driver.

We really enjoyed last year's trip down and looking forward to this year. 

BTW She would never watch any skiing if it was not for the excellent coverage and up close/personal format of TWBC.

• Like 1

• Baller

Sometimes watch live.  Other times watch replay.  Sometimes it's nice to hear the commentary between passes.  Sometimes it's nice to just forward past all the down time and just watch the action.  

• Like 1

• Baller

A couple years ago I would happily dedicate a “lazy Saturday” to streaming (and actually watching) a tournament at home especially early season like Swiss Pro just to get me excited about the upcoming ski season.

Now it’s tough to watch an entire tournament (or even the finals) with 1 and 3 year olds running around, so I’ve resorted to listening at work the following week,  peeking at my phone for the drama or hard passes as I hear them come through. 

I find it hard to go back and watch bits and pieces because even though the broadcast is broken up into segments on YouTube (prelims, men’s finals, women’s finals, etc) it’s hard to pinpoint the set you actually want to watch when it’s an 8 hour broadcast. Luckily, the real good stuff usually gets posted on Instagram.

I don’t expect TWBC to really do any more than they already do, but a post tournament 30-minute highlight show would sure be cool. 

Regardless, TWBC does such a good job.. it’s hard to not want to watch. I’ve been to a couple pro tournaments live now, and whie it’s awesome to be right on the water, the coverage is so much better on YouTube 😂

I should add that TWBC has spoiled me/us I much, I find it hard to watch a broadcast by anyone else. Getting lots of skiers and coaches in the booth with Tony this past season was great as well. 

• Like 4

• Baller

TWBC is probably my favorite "TV program" these days.  Annoying that there aren't any at this time of year!

But I don't really watch anything live.  I need more control of where my entertainment fits into my day.

• Like 2

• Baller

I usually have them running on my phone when I'm working around the house or puttering about but I don't sit down to watch TV or sit down at the computer much unless I'm at work (which doesn't block youtube so I'll often run that on a spare monitor)

I think my biggest problem with it is that it is hard to sit and watch lots of dead air to skiing ratio but if I listen to it like listening to a baseball game on the radio I usually can pop my head up from whatever I'm doing for the good bits.

TWBC and anyone else presenting these the videos need better time stamps either someone typing into the comments a time stamp for the skiers + pertinent action moments or a companion page with that list.  I'll miss something and go back and forth and back and forth.  That's doable in the first hour of a stream but when there is a 5-8 hour long video trying to find the skier you missed or a moment is tough particularly on a phone which is how I usually consume this so it can walk around with me in my pocket on an ear bud while I work.

• Baller

My wife doesn’t get it, but generally lets it slide when I put it on the big screen. I try to save that move for the big events so I can say, “it’s worlds, I have to watch it”.

i pretty much exclusively watch them live. As many as possible 

• Baller

Because of the time difference I get to watch a lot of US live events as it's late afternoon / evening generally - very hard to watch the night jumps / slalom comps live though as they are typically about 2am here

• Baller
7 hours ago, chrislandy said:

Because of the time difference I get to watch a lot of US live events as it's late afternoon / evening generally - very hard to watch the night jumps / slalom comps live though as they are typically about 2am here

Feel your pain that time change for all the European events is real too.

• Baller_

I watch nearly every event, but always on delay so I can skip ahead a bunch. I don't want to spend 8 straight hours of TV that frequently, and I find watching all the opening passes kind of boring. I'll usually skip each skier's opening passes and just watch the last couple of each skier. If it's a big tournament, I'll also usually skip the lower seeded skiers as well (unless there's one I'm a particular fan of : )

Edited by Slalom.Steve
  • Like 3

• Baller

Pretty much what @Slalom.Steve said. Being in Europe means I often can't watch the finals live for US-based events because of the time difference (which means I have to remember to stay away from social media until I have a chance to watch it to avoid spoilers.) I try to watch as much of the European event finals live as the time is more convenient but life and being at a lake often gets in the way of that too. At least my wife is happy to join when the event is at a place she's been (Swiss or San Gervasio) and/or there is a skier she likes or has met.
I also try to watch live events when they are at my local lake or if I happen to be on holiday near or at a lake when a pro event takes place (obviously I try to time my holidays to make it happen)

• Baller

I watch all TWBC's events, every skier, every pass, but mix live and replays as my free time allows.  Yes, maybe the opening passes for the top skiers are boring for some, as it's a slam dunk they'll make the pass.  But someone like me learns a lot just from watching these easy passes, so I do it for the educational value even though there is rarely any drama involved. It's definitely time well spent.

• Baller

What's sad/funny is that even though the "warm up" passes are incredibly difficult and impressive, it's still:

For each skier:

[multitask until 39 off]
Watch 39, 41, riveted

next skier

[multitask until 39 off]
Watch 39, 41, riveted

repeat

• Like 3