Adjustable bindings for BIG feet

• Baller

Gidday guys.

My 16 year old son wants to ski, but with Size 14 US feet, (6'7" but sucks at basketball) I can't find any of the basic sliding type adjustable bindings that will fit him.

Anybody know of any manufacturers that make something suitable? I would have to get a set of combos and fit them to them. Failing that, I may have to get a set of boots, but it's an expensive option for a beginner.

Thanks and regards to all.

• Baller

That sucks on sizing.  You might be able to find some XL Radar Vector boots discounted somewhere on closeout, which supposedly fit up to size 14, if you can't find something cheaper.  Maybe somebody will chime in with some better/cheaper options.    

• Baller

If you are talking combo skis.. bindings come in two pieces each. All you have to do is to spread them apart. By how much, I’m not sure, use foot as template. Somewhere between the original screw holes, there is definitely enough space to drill some new and use the old ones for guide and measurement purpose.

• Baller
9 hours ago, skialex said:

If you are talking combo skis.. bindings come in two pieces each. All you have to do is to spread them apart. By how much, I’m not sure, use foot as template. Somewhere between the original screw holes, there is definitely enough space to drill some new and use the old ones for guide and measurement purpose.

True, but as his feet have got longer, they have got wider too, and the standard horseshoe is too narrow for my flipper foot boy.

• Haha 2

• Baller

@wettek69 honestly couldn’t though of that… maybe you have to go the diy route, cut the horseshoe in two pieces to widen it, find a source for a rubber sheet and use the standard one as template but make it wider, or split the standard rubber and reconnect it with maybe a leather piece to make it wider. I guess the standard heel squeeze piece can be used as is. Modifying it can really hard.

• Baller

I am thinking I might just get him up on the boom on a single ski (only need 1 boot then) and transition him to long line. Dunno about the hovercraft Mike, he's not that heavy, probably runs 170-180.

• Baller
9 hours ago, mike_mapple said:

im 6'8 with a 17 shoe (I did not suck at basketball) however the HO Xmax was a good fit back in the day for my foot, which would be the Stance 110/130 now, that and a hovercraft is all you need! 

Size 17? Jesus Mike, what boot fits you?

• Baller_
On 3/30/2024 at 4:09 AM, wettek69 said:

Size 17? Jesus Mike, what boot fits you?

I have a custom reflex, I have a Wiley that has no front horse shoe that I really like, a 2013 HO Xmax 

On 3/30/2024 at 1:49 AM, wettek69 said:

I am thinking I might just get him up on the boom on a single ski (only need 1 boot then) and transition him to long line. Dunno about the hovercraft Mike, he's not that heavy, probably runs 170-180.

they do the hovercraft in 65-67-69 (my sizing might be off) But even if you did a 65 almost anyone can ride it and its a fun ski to just mess around on as well. 

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Baller
37 minutes ago, mike_mapple said:

I have a custom reflex, I have a Wiley that has no front horse shoe that I really like, a 2013 HO Xmax 

they do the hovercraft in 65-67-69 (my sizing might be off) But even if you did a 65 almost anyone can ride it and its a fun ski to just mess around on as well. 

I mounted the 67 with some HO XL boots and my 11.5/12 foot is LOOSE in that boot.  I bought a 65 hovercraft and moved thebregular bindings to this.

This is the summer for 2 up pontoon hovercrafting.