More Cool Stuff

Horton

• Administrators

When you post a message, if you want it to be private between you and one other user you can "Whisper" it to them. When you create a new topic you just type their user name in the Whisper field and your comments will be private to them.

Remember that Whisper comments are really private so if you call me an Jack-Hole I will never know it (and I like it that way). On the other hand if you talk trash about Eric in a Whisper he will never know it so we all miss out on the funny. (Love you Eric /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

• Administrators

Truth is, Eric is one of the nicest guys in water skiing.   He is an amazing goofball but in no way an ahole. I pick on him because I am an ahole :-)

• Administrators

I removed the extra seach function. Was anyone using it?

The links page is mostly done. Are you guys using it? Any thing important missing? I know I need to add IWSF and world standings. Is there anything else?

Everyone know that they can start thier own poll?

Everyone understand the Whisper thing? See top of this thread . . .

Any other comments about the forum itself.

• Baller

well as you can probably tell by my visit count ive been spending too much time in here so ill add my 2c... 

what search thing? haha. right now we wont need it IMO but in a year or so there could be an increasing need for it to go back and look at something.

the links page is easily the best page ive seen anywhere on the net for ski stuff. i have a massive favourites list and all of the important ones are on the list

i really like the style of this vanilla forum. never come across one before. id say i like it more than the ez forums that most places i visit use (not just skiing stuff).

thanks john, really enjoying it here. is it just me or does skifly seem worse than ever for trash talk?... there is some good talk but IMO its getting worse this year??? i love reading CS2's posts always puts a smile on your face /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-smile.gif

• Administrators

We (and that means you guys) can now embed YouTube videos here. Below is me at 35 . . . all I did was upload to YouTube and then when I go to view the vid there is a "Embed" link . . . post the embed here (just like text) and there you go.

• Administrators

At the moment if there are videos there is not option of the groovy text editor. I am working that issue. The question is will you guys use the video feature. Will you use it to talk to each other about your skiing?

(I swear the first time MS posts a Canadian Beer commercial as I will disable it.)

• Administrators
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYfmX0FPmB0"> name="wmode" value="transparent">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

• Administrators
The good news is I can embed the videos. The bad news is that I have to tweak the settings to do it. For now if you want to embed a vid just post the address and I will come in and make it work. . . . better then nothing.

• Administrators
I may not be able to solve the YouTube thing but  . . .  take a look at all of MS's posts.