Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Memorial Day Tournament for those near Seattle, WA

• Baller_
The Broho Lake is totally full and ready to ski.  Anybody near Seattle that's interested, shoot me an email.  richard@burienautorepair.com   info :  http://sanctions.dataweb.com/default.view?_mode=details&TournAppID=09W085  Pictured is the Appointed Scorer.  You could set a new TPB !

• Baller_
As always, it was a beautiful weekend at the Lake.  Other than a scraped Motorhome, everything went smooth as silk.  After the 3rd round, we had a fun 4th round, matching skiers up in a "handicapped" format.  It was the best part of the entire tournament.  Instead of people just "skiing and leaving", everyone hung out to watch and it was a great time.  I'd recommend the elimination format to anyone who wants to put more fun into their events.  Congrats go to "Officer Friendly", who ended up on top of the pile as the "Fat Cat of Broho".

• Baller

Very Cool!   Too bad I was so late getting my ski dusted off this year.   I was trying to figure out the handicapping.  I know we usually have to have the most points off our individual personal bests to win in our little fun tourneys.  

• Baller_
I think the way it was handicapped was to take a skier's hardest pass, and back up 4 passes as a starting point.  So if someone runs -35, but only gets some of -38, then their opener was -28.  They could then be paired with someone who misses 34/-15 who then has an opener of 28/-15. One skier had choice of Boat, and the other had choice of going first or second.  I learned that going first was preferable, since if the second skier only ties, then the first skier advances.  It was cool to watch a LL Gal defeat a B3 skier who blew an opener.