Pull-out for the gate

T-UP

• Administrators

When do you pull out? How hard? When do get the slack? One hand gate? Old School gate? What foot forward? What ski? What speed?  ?  ? ? ? ? ?

Do you have video?

• Administrators
So when you "roll in" to go though the gates you do not have slack? I think we need a LOT more info. Video my friend! That is the only way I can help you.

• Baller

To me it sounds like you are starting your pull to the gates too late or/and too hard.  Make sure you are wide and that you have about the same speed as the boat when you start your turn in. Stand tall, initiate the turn with your hips, by moving your centre mass to the right side of the ski, and try to imagine that you are turning all the way in to the wakes. Try to keep the direction after the wake by holding on with two hands, elbows to the vest, and counter rotate your hips and shoulders. This will help you to keep a tight line at the ball.

Tsixam

• Baller

Heresy: Don't get so wide on the pullout for the gates. As the rope gets shorter, I get narrower on the gates. 1 ball is way downcourse so it doesn't take as much energy to get there. It still takes angle so by lining up narrow I can still pull at a severe angle without overshooting 1 ball.

Perhaps it is such pearls of wisdom that drive Horton to restrict my ability to post here.

Eric

• Baller

Generally when I get slack or see someone else geting slack it's because we didn't let the ski finish the turn before trying to hook up. Basically the same thing malibuowner said just stated in a different way.  The visual for me is when the ski passes under the rope I'm at the finish. THEN get into your power pulling position and let the boat pick you up. Patience...

Ed