When are you going to stop skiing this winter?

Boody

• Baller

Season coming to an end here in Oregon.  We are going to the Arizona tournament in late October, then we are probably going to call it quits until next Spring.  Anyone skiing through the winter?  Doane, you ski all year, right?

I hate winter.

• Baller
I normally ski until early/mid November.  Gets very challenging with the weather, 3 kids in hockey, hockey for myself and work.  I think if I make it until early November this year I will be content.  Heading to Coble's currently for a year end week of good skiing.

• Baller

I will be sinking the slalom course for the winter here in PA. Because of work, the absolute latest I will ski will be the weekend of October 24. I will be pulling the docks, lift, and sinking the course until the weather gives us a break in April. I still have 40 gallons of boat gas to burn. Whatever does not get used in the boat will get put in my car, and the lawn mowers, and snowblower. I don't mind the off season anymore. It gives me a chance to be couch potato for a few weeks before hitting the gym again. I need some downtime to let my left shoulder completely heal. This website helps me get through the off season...

• Baller
We are probably 2-3 weeks away from shutting it down. Unfortunately I missed a good week last week because I was travelling on business.  Tomorrow looks good so we will probably ski at lunch time and we will have to see what the rest of the week looks like.  I should probably take my boat out next weekend because I know I have Sunday free which is rare.  I doubt I will though.

Cam

jeez Scotland is freezing !! you are a brave bunny. i have a buddy that used to train in Scotland through the winter breaking the ice up every morning, said she once skied and her hair was frosted up.. you got to be mad!

had an awesome weekend sunny for 2 days straight still in shorts and rashie

going until i can then il cut down to maybe one ski a week in a good wetty to keep muscle memory and hit the gym. see how long i can brave it for.

• Baller

We have winter days with temp around 0F.  But I would ski as long as I had open water if we had electricity in the boat house to keep the boat from freezing. (if I could find a driver with the same obsession.) It has already been a few mornings when I had to scrape the wind shield before going to the lake.

Tsixam

• Baller

Last weekend I was skiing in a drysuit and was comfortably warm, but my ski buddy who has been eating quite a load of concrete in his days tried to ski in shorts. You should have seen the expression in his face and hear the strange sound he made as he was trying to say Ok, hit it.

To make a long story short, to the second set he was in a drysuit too. We drink a lot of anti-freeze in spring and early winter, summer too to be honest.

Tsixam

• Baller

Cam

where do you ski in scotland, being Scotish it is a bit embarrasing to tell people I am a keen waterskier but have never skied in Scotland.  Need to sort that out sometime.

back to topic, we are pulling up our course in 2 weeks, lake is emptied as well. nearest club to Paris with skiing finishes mid-october.

Ali

• Baller

Over on the weekend off 16-18th Oct, flying into Prestwick and then up and across to Lochgilphead. If you were at Loch lomond I would think about it, Dunfermline is a bit of a trek from there. Was going past Loch lomond a while ago (last year) and there was someone free sking next to the shore about half way up A82 side. Was jealous as hell as it was pure glass.

So next season will try and make it. If you are ever couple of hours east of Paris I can give you a pull.

cheers

Ali

• Baller

Hi Brent,

No, not if it doesn't get brutal. I wear a neopreme top and that's it; too cold for that and I don't go. Usually only miss a handful of weekends due to weather. My ski partner is a bit cold natured and does wear a dry suite sometimes.

• Baller
We went out to ski yesterday and today and decided it was too windy in the course.  Air was low 60s and water was 60* on the nose.  Hopefully the wind will die a little this week and we will get a couple of sets in.  Sometime in the next two weeks my boat is going to come out of the water for the season.

• Administrators

My body and my wife want me to stop long before it gets cold. Maybe only another 2 weeks.

If it is really nice outside I will keep skiing

• Administrators

Wish I was bringing Chuck D. He pees on everything.

Yea I will be here. I will be camping at Pollycut's. We will need to crack a beverage.

• Baller
Just started wearing wetsuits yesterday. Not so much for the water temp. It is still nice. But the air is cool late in the afternoons when I get my set in. I will ski about 3 sets a week until mid-november then it gets pretty sketchy. Probably 2 sets a week. Then once or twice a month in January and  February.

• Baller

Boody,

You are welcome here at Okeeheelee anytime. Anyone visiting us from the BOS forum can always get a pull from me! This site is a wealth of information and by far the most civil waterski forum I frequent. The few BOS members I've actually met have been great people (like Shelby [scoke] for example).

• Baller

Roger if your serious about catching a ride there's a pretty fair chance I'll be in O town in mid to late January for a couple days of work.  I was going to spend a few extra days and try to find a ski ride if possible.  I mean, if anyone is sking that time of year I like to bring my ski.

Jim

• Baller
Well, normally we'd be done around Nov 1. Possibly a little later. But now that MS's mistress with the heater has moved into my garage I think we'll ski a bit more over the winter. Water's 72 now after nothing but clouds and rain for a week and a half. Hopefully we'll get some sun here soon to warm it up a bit. I've got a ski partner recovering from an achilles rupture who'll drive, so at least I've got that covered.

• Baller

LOL, I know what he is talking about.  When I ski'd last week I went to change back into dry clothes and screamed when I saw the lack of, well everything down there.  I had to punch myself in the stomach to make them drop back out. 

Yes, its drysuit weather for us too.  But, it supposed to be in the high 70s this weekend, so we will see.

• Baller
I seem to keep stealing another day.  We skied on Sunday in wet suit tops it was 68* air and 58* water.  Skied again today I went with a full wet suit at 61* air and 58* water.  We might get Thursday or Friday in and then most of our boats are getting pulled on Sunday. 

• Baller
Our Spring has just started and it brings beautifull days here in southeast Brazil. Unhapply the real hot days also come with some really strong tunder storms by the end of the day. Here in Belo Horizonte is only hard to ski on January as rain stays all day long for many days in a row.

I am hoping to go into the first week of November. We may not make it this year as we are getting many nights below freezing this is much colder then the last 6 or 7 years. Many of the next 10 days hi's are in the 40's. Next Sunday may be sunny and 48 so I am staying in with hi hopes!!!!!!!!!!

• Baller

I had high hopes for this fall, especially after going to ski school the 1st week of September. We have had the absolute worst conditions since then. Wind, water level dropped and had to pull our course, wind, cold water, oh did I mention wind? Finally got a decent freeski in on Saturday and called it a season. Hard to let go!

Deke