BOS Crash Reel, or Real Crashes ?

RichardDoane

karina was skiing there weeks before but don't know if she made changes from FL. look at cp's 2 ball 41, my 41 video on the event for clues. water makes ski act fin back so combination of a little more speed in the turn and more dig = tip/ski grabs, on the softer ski, it folds up and grabs more, you're done. no release from boots so fast rotation into the water. scared the heck out of me, but her instincts prevented handle contact. strained her front ankle/achilles. right square in front of the Goode booth, jill knutson went down to help/see if she was all right.

• Baller

Sorry AGLS, but "her instincts prevented handle contact" just isn't true. LUCK or Karma or the odds or the minute mechanics of her exact fall prevented handle contact. That was a scary fall and I'm so glad nothing went through the handle. F!!!

Jim Brake

Ahh yes, the Arm-Guardtm. It's a carefully designed, custom milled sheet of lexan designed to keep you head and arm from going through the handle bridle. It's garanteed to make people ask, "What the hell is up with your handle?" at tournaments. Inevitably that skier will have that once every 3rd season fall that makes you think you really could inadvertantly use your handle as a necktie and ask for TW's email. Come to think of it, I believe the template for his website is actually up, it just hasn't been plumbed with the ording information. But please do TW tease us a little more with what's planned for the 2.0 model. 

2010 will be the 3rd season on mine. Stopped noticing it after 2 sets. After 2 years, boat crews have finaly figured out how switch out the handle too. Might have grazed the rubber certierpiece once or twice. Never come close using it for it's intended purpose (i.e. punching it with my fist or face), and don't plan to, but it's still some of the best money I've spent for slalom. It just annoys me when my dad takes it off his handle for tournament season.