New boat hits the market

• Baller
Good point ktm300 and I agree. They need to have the resources to get the boats out everywhere and crack the big 3 ceiling. This isn't a startup company, they have built 3 event boats before, so hopefully they have the resources and the vision to invest in a 5 year plan. Time will tell. Anybody seen the boat?

"He told me that he had a deal fall thru with a guy who had proven income of 400k and was putting 50% down and the bank wouldn't bite because this guy was in the real estate industry. Crazy! He did say that Malibu is still strong financially. That's good to know".

Why would someone with that income and 50% down even want to finance a boat. wait  another week or 2 and buy it outright. I may not be the smartest person in the room but I can think. ???????
and that just does not add up. Banks have money to lend to a good customer.

I know back when they were building the T5, Centurion would sell you a stripped down boat that was little more than a motor, hull, and driver's seat.

No engine cover is a little overkill.

Can't figure out why that link isn't working, if you copy and past the url it should go.

• Baller
I think it is good there will be more players in the market. It will force the Big Three to keep their costs in check. On my lake in PA the new boats are Master Craft and Malibu. Correct Craft pulled the franchise from one dealer in western PA, and the other went out of business. I definitely like PCM better than Indmar. On the new Master Crafts and Malibus the water intake has no filter screen. The hose directly goes down to the floor to the intake next to the water drain plug in front of the engine.  On some lakes it can make the boat vulerable to heating up becuase of weeds clogging the intake. That happened to my friend's 2008 MC. Luckily we were only a football field away from their dock when the engine temp alarm went off. They had to unclog the hose, and it was good to go. I have to check the filter bowl on my boat and clean it every now and then. Every boat should have a screen/filter. I would like to see Correct Craft make a smaller version of the SN200, say one between 18-19 feet long. I am sure they could set up the interior where it would have just as much room as a 196. Any ideas on how wide the trailer is for the SN200? 

• Baller

Some of the off-brand boats have skied great (my 89 Supra was great).  Hopefully they did it right.  I would consider a "price-point" boat for the ski pond- especially as a club boat instead of hauling my boat all over the place and missing beautiful ski days (like today!) due to logistical issues with a boat.  If they price it right and it performs well it would be great as long as they don't change speed control again....

With respect to GAJ0004's comment on the filter- I couldn't agree more but it's an easy fix... Discount Inboard Marine sells them and they are easy to install for less than $100.  Mine works great

• Supporting Member

Cool.  I tried copying that link to this forum, but then it doesn't work.  Strange.

Also, there's a post that indicates one will be on display at the Nationals TODAY.  True?  Do they have specs on it yet?

Is this on the Model T color plan?  "You can have any color you want as long as it's black."

• Baller
I think that to top was just something they put on for the prototype and will not be offered when the boat hits the market. But I am not sure how the exposed carbon fiber will hold up that is on the top bow and stern of the boat. I have always heard that because it is black and holds heat that it breaks down quickly?

• Administrators

Roger,

After the hacker thing YouTube and links are a bummer. This winter when you guys go back to your lives I will fix both. At the moment that part of the site sucks. Onthe other hand traffic is growing a rate I can not understand.

The hardtop will be offered as an option and it is actually really cool in person.  It has an optional mister built in to it to keep the driver and judge cool.  Also, it has a spot on the gunnel for the backboard to fit into that is molded in, port side ballast tank like MC uses, PCM motors.  It should have gotten to Nationals today.  It will officially be released at Surf Expo in Sept in Florida, and dealers will be able to drive and ski it. 

• Baller
DW you are correct that airplanes and even some cars do have carbon fiber on them but in the boat it looks like in the pictures that the black area is exposed carbon fiber with a clear coat. I did not know if having it exposed like that would make a difference.

• Administrators

another cool photo of the boat here http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs128.ash2/39733_146729755346944_100000297626829_362600_5233799_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=362648&id=100000297626829#!/photo.php?pid=362600&id=100000297626829&ref=fbx_album

• Baller
I dont see how all that added weight for the solid bimini can help matters. It will be interesting if they step up with sponsor money and put it in for the boat test. I can tell you this much. If they get it approved and someone shows up at one of my tournaments with a promo we will use it. I cant get enough promo boats to pull my tournaments.