Too many killer skis?

Horton

• Administrators

I just did a count of the legitimate high end, short line skis that I know of for 2011. There are roughly 16! That only includes skis made in the USA. I cannot begin to keep track of what is going on in France, Austria and Germany.  No wonder a lot of us can not figure out what to ski on.

• Baller

I ski in England and can tell you I have never seen people skiing on those European skis you mentioned (although I have heard of them all), apart from the UK dealer for reflex, who obviously skis on a reflex ski. They may be more popular in mainland Europe, I don't know. Most in England are on the American skis, HO, Radar, Obrien, Goode, D3. Not many on Connelly.

As for Jobe, they do exist and make a 'high end ski', however it isn't very highly thought of, and I haven't seen anyone skiing on it (I think it's called the Encore), although there are plenty of skiers starting out in the course using Jobes beginner and intermediate skis.

BTW - the stronger $ / weaker £ has been seriously painful for skiers over here! A few years ago all the American companies high end skis were around £600-700, now most are £1000+!

Having a lot of top end skis is no bad thing though, just means every skier is more likely to be able to find a ski best suited to their style. 

www.swervetracker.com

• Administrators

There was really only 1

Like the Matrix or CaddyShack or Jaws or Debbie Does Dallas, someone made other movies but there was only one good one.

• Baller
After seeing this thread morph from top end slalom skis into bad movie re-makes,I'm thinking that it might be fun to listen to you guys B.S.ing after you start drinking...So don't forget the video when Horton comes out for the Cottonwood fall classic.Getting back on subject,I still have my 1985 Connelly HP(my first top end ski)looks like they tried a re-make on that one with their recent graphics.