Fluid Motion Ski Harness

jipster43

• Baller
I just read my last post and it does sound kind of demanding. That wasn't my intention at all, but I am relatively anxious to figure this stuff out. I've been off the water for five weeks now and I'm groping for anything that may speed my return. Thanks for the levity!

We have sold quite a few harnesses, more than we expected to so far. Cleaned us out in fact. I heard there are skiers making their own versions in Florida as well. The FM harness does a couple of things that the PV does not.

First it imposes counter-rotation which is a good habit to get into. It keeps the handle closer to your body and helps in preventing that early release and reach to the inside. So the reach is more progressive. You also become more aware of where the handle is in relation to your body.

Another feature is shared loading. The FM harness is adjustable and dynamic. So it can take a little or a lot of the rope load. The more you extend your arms toward the boat the more the harness takes. The harness directs pull to your core so it helps keep your hips from dragging, especially if your arms are extended - giving a safer pull through the wakes.

You can clip in or out of it right in the water, use your own gloves (not clinchers but can be clinchers), lightweight and it's what $90 which is mostly labor!

I started the season last year with the harness and was a better skier for it. This year we have not done as much skiing and I have not used it. As a result I am much more off in terms of countering and smoothness having to work really hard to get that back. I left my personal harness (#001!!) at Club Med for guests to use and we are out of stock but just got some tubing in last week and can start manufacturing more of them.

Training for style or to ski through a pulled muscle etc. it's a great device. I would not want to see it being used in tournaments like the PV is.

Any more questions let me know.