Turn and Burn

Than_Bogan

• Baller

9400 - I schedule most of my out-of-town skiers in the first group on Sunday.  Most of those will T&B and it adds approx 3 minutes per skier.  Granted, it does change the sequence but it is very difficult to accurately guage when you will ski anyway.  Too many variables (early falls, slower speeds for kids, etc.).

As an aside, Scot was the first to sign up for my September tournament.  It obviously doesn't bother him that much.

• Baller

Jdarwin, I don't really have a gripe at all concerning it, we ran it our last tournament. I wouldn't skip a tournament because of it. When we ran it at our last tournament it was communicated poorly that we were doing it, I normally can time it pretty decently when I'm going to ski, in this particular case (2nd round) I came up considerably later than I thought I would. No big deal, it was more of a case of not really knowing what was going on. It's not a big deal and I'm fine either way. I guess you could say I'm about as "on the fence" as I could be.

I didn't intend to imply that I was against it or that it was a bad idea,.... the timing is my only issue. I'm good with it otherwise.

• Baller_

We have had some discussion here in the Southern Region and have had a couple of T&B tournaments. I think that the format is great for the sport and can only see plusses. We have even allowed a few skiers to T&B at Cory's because they for some reason or another could not wait around for their second or third round. As for the record Issue with T&B I do not see a problem provided that the skier goes and starts from at least two line lengths longer then the record. But going right back out on a line length that he or she just missed a record on Will not fly.

Any way I am supporting it at a State and regional level here in Florida as are many others that have been educated after all is it not time for the sport to evolve?