2011 MasterCraft 197 Tournament Team boat

chris carter

Great price for a nicely outfitted Tournament Team boat, available mid July 2011. It is kept on the MasterCraft lake, clean water, in a covered boat house. It will have about 160 hours when ready to deliver. Stereo, remote, heated seats, heater, matching trailer, stainless bimini, MCX 350 engine, powerslot transmission, Zero Off. It mostly pulls some high end girls in training.

White with stainless rub rail and matching MasterCraft logo, red accents, new upholstery.

contact Chris for a deal. 865-755-5588, crc.coach@yahoo.com

• Baller

Has anyone heard on weather MC will be doing a redesign soon.  I like the MC boat and I'm thinking about getting a 2011, but worried they are going to change it and I'm skiing a different boat then at tournaments.  The current 197 hasn't changed much since about 2003.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Baller

I was told that the 2011 mastercraft would be the last year for this hull. A major hull redesign is supposed to be coming for 2012. They have to do it, the boat pales in comparison to the SN200. No where near the driveability nor the skiability. I would not buy one unless you change boats every year.

I think the MC with a 409 hp would be the best boat to train with next year. After that, hard to say.

• Baller
I have heard the same info that skimech has. I got it from some one who has very reliable info from the company. I have heard a little about design but not sure if its true so I'm not going to spread any rumors just yet.

• Baller

I see that the 2011 is now a "World" Tournament Team.....I only have an '09 Tournament Team.  I wonder how that clasification came about and should I hold out for the "Solar System", "Galaxy", or "Universe" eddition.../vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-cool.gif

• Baller
MC got the exclusive contract for some international fed tourneys...don't remember the exact name...but that is why it is world tournament team.  They are no longer doing metal flake on world team boats apparently due to lack of ability to repair it across the pond...or so the dealer tells me.

• Baller
I'm curious. The white/blue mc from 2010 was an awesome boat. Wake was nice and soft on all of them I skied behind and my two pb's this year were behind it. Chris, your 2010 was sweet to ski behind. I've now  skied behind a certain 2011 WTT three times and I swear it's got a wake like jersey barrier on the interstate. I wasn't the only one who has mentioned it's damn stiff.  I'm wondering how the hell this boat can feel so different from 2010.  Did MC change props?

• Baller

I don't know about the 2010 but my 2011 is a bit different hull than my 2004. There is a bit of a hook at the back of the boat and a bit of a slot around the prop. So the hull was changed?

It also doesn't jump out of the hole the way Stan's 08 does. Maybe there was a prop change.

22 off does have a bit of a wake. 15 off bugs Lisa a lot more than the old (bubbler equipped) 04. The wake is a bit different.

There is also a ballast tank in front of the passenger seat and a tower on my 11 so it does have the "Lyman" treatment to add weight to the front of the boat. Proven techniques to make the slalom wake better?

I start at 22 off and it always seems to be a difficult pass - regardless. My new 11 rooster tail doesn't make it easier. 28 is a bit easier for me - as long as I'm skiing well. 28 off's wake is basically gone. 32 has no wake at all for me. And 35 is also smooth.

MC has made a boat that is as good or better than the CC200 at deep shortline. Maybe it suffers at the longer line lengths but when getting into the top passes, MC rocks! Especially the new ones.

Eric

• Baller

Eric,

Yes, but the wife makes the ultimate decision on weather we get a new boat or not (I always want a new one).  Because if she doesn't like it at the slower speeds/line lengths, it is not going to end up on the lift. http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-smile.gif

For slalom, she likes the SN200 the best right now.  She even tested it for Tricks and like it.  She can tell you about it this weekend.

Kevin

• Baller
I went through a similar thought process this year comparing the MC and the SN200.  For me and my son, skiing 34 &36 MPH  28 off and above, it was a toss-up with MC likely to win out on price, but my daughter is going slower 26-30MPH.  For her, there is no comparison - SN200 won out.  She skied the new (to us) SN200 last week and gave it 2 thumbs up.

• Baller

I think all the boats have good and bad points.  I do ski at 28 off and shorter, so wake usually isn't a factor.  And the MC would win out on price.  But as all of us know "if the wife ain't happy, no one is happy".  Plus I like having someone who will go to the lake all the time with me.

Kevin